Thursday, April 1, 2010

Full Speed

The bathroom construction has regained momentum and we are speeding toward the finish line!!

Pluming- Check
ShowerToilet
Electrical- Check (for some reason I didn't take a picture of this stage)

Drywall- Check (Great big THANK YOU to Paul's brother Will and my Dad, you saved my life on that one!!)Texture- Check (knockdown ceilings are really fun to make, not that I did it, but it was fun to watch! Spray texture, not so much- the smell made us run to a restaurant to eat dinner for some reprieve!)
Now we are sealing the drywall and texture and starting to paint tomorrow- Hooray Hooray!!!

I give Paul a great big pat on the back for a job WELL done this last week!!!

Just to let you know, I DO in fact have three inches of dust EVERYWHERE in my house.

Oh and don't you LOVE Paul's scruffy face. He and Will were having a beard growing competition during the month of March. I dare say he won! And is now one step closer to becoming Sawyer!! HA HA HA!! Now the big question is weather he lets it linger for a while, or weather it comes off. I for one am not apposed to facial hair, I kind of like the change. Paul has never ever had a beard and it is like sneaking around with a new man of mystery! Hee Hee! Not to mention it is driving our little primary class crazy that he looks so different. Every Sunday sweet Charlie tells me "He STILL has that beard". I always reply " Yes, and doesn't he look so very handsome?", which always gets them giggling!!

7 comments:

JJ said...

It's hard to believe that is the same room...or that you guys have all the talents necessary to do something so huge! You guys are pretty amazing. Just wish I could somehow borrow you all to fix my house. It needs a lot of help at this point.

So you are now encouraging your own little Sawyer fantasy, huh?! Whatever it takes!

Michelle said...

Here's what I want to know: When you are alone do you call him Sawyer or James?? (ha ha)

Once again I am in awe of Paul's many skills. He has such great attention to detail too. When he does something in your house he does it right. It is kind of like you have Mike Holmes living with you. (minus the overalls)

Kelly said...

Wow! Look at that room and look at that beard! I think he did win;) Nice work Paul on both accounts.

Audrey said...

The Davis men are not really known for their facial hair, so I had to do a BIG double take on the photo. WOW!! oh and the basement is equally as impressive. :)

Amber said...

I just laughed through that whole last paragraph! The bathroom looks so wonderful! I am so amazed at Paul's handywork. Seriously. What can't he do?? I think i've said that already.

Jill said...

This is so exciting! I can't wait to see the end result!

Jennifer said...

Looks good! I like Paul with the beard, too. He can definitely pull it off; not all guys can! Eva was so cute rubbing it, too. So funny! I really need to come down to see all of the great things you guys have been up to in the last few months! It'll be so nice to have that room finished! Hooray!