Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Truth

This week I have learned three basic truths of this life we meander through:

#1
Parking my humble little van in the Lowe's parking lot does not ensure it's safety from some STUPID stranger that decides to mangle it's bumper and then proceed to leave- without so much as a trace, so we can unsuspectingly come out of the store and find it! Now WE have to fix it even thought we didn't do anything to it. People REALLY suck. Nuff said!
( I know, I know, the car is completely dirty. I just don't have the heart to wash it in this sorry state!)

#2
After visiting EVERY single counter top manufacturing store in the entire Utah County it has been discovered that they are UNBELIEVABLY expensive. Who knew that trying to find a counter top that veers from the norm of brown or beige, that is economical, would be SO difficult. Seriously, it is a 30X21 piece of "I really don't care what now"- does it really have to cost $400? I have now learned the answer would be yes.

#3
After going to three different tile stores and then venturing into the last counter top place on my list, with Liv and Eva in tow, it was discovered that this place had a room full of the old, out of market and stock samples for the children to play with. Total and complete heaven on earth! So many colors, so many textures, all different sizes!!
My girlies created while I made up my mind- this store saved my sanity and for that they won my support, I finally ordered a vanity top.


Just passing along the knowledge, so you too can be in the know!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I can't wait to see what you went with for the vanity top! You are so good picking out colors. I LOVE everything you have done in the bathroom so far! (I have tile floor envy now)

Michelle said...

P.S. I am SO SORRY about your car! What a mean person--to hit and run like that!

JJ said...

I feel for you and the car. That happened to me in the Target parking lot when my BRAND NEW car was but a few months old. Fortunately, the hitter sent someone back to talk to me.

As for the counters/tile/bathroom thing...thank you for making me feel better for not knowing how to renovate anything. Apparently it is saving me money.

Laura said...

We're are about to head into that fun phase of life that is known as renovating a bathroom. I used to be excited about it...after reading your post, not so much! Oh but how adorable are your girls? I can't even stand it!

Amber said...

Your poor poor car! I can't believe the nerve of people! Well, here is truth #4: I didn't do it!! Good luck fixing it!

Audrey said...

Sorry about the van!!! But I can't wait to see your project when it is all done.

Jennifer said...

I can't believe someone did that to your van and didn't even bother to leave a note! That is so FRUSTRATING! I am so sorry!

I'm excited to see your finished bathroom/laundry room, though--that's so exciting that's it is almost done! I know how much you hate projects to drag on!

Thanks for all the cute pictures of Naomi, too. They are all so cute!