Friday, September 25, 2009

A Cd 4 Bree

This last summer marked the 10 year Anniversary of the day Paul and I met, our first date, and our nearly 2 year long, on and off again, courtship!! In commemoration of this I loaded up my IPod with the hand picked tracks of Paul for me on the very first mix CD he ever made me. Yes, before I met him I did not know about Napster, downloading and burning your own CD's. He enlightened me, saved my bank account and romanced me to boot!!!(Yes, this would be the original cover, and that IS Paul standing in front of a poster of Joey Fatone from the Backstreet Boys, OH I MEAN NSYNC!!)

It plays as follows:

1. New Radicals: Mother We Just Can't Get Enough
2. Collective Soul: Needs
3. Blink 182: All the Small Things
4. New Radicals: In Need of a Miracle
5. Lit: My Own Worst Enemy
6. Toad the Wet Sprocket: Whatever I Fear
7. Sugar Ray: Personal Space Invader
8. Len: Steal My Sunshine
9. Duncan Sheik: She Runs Away
10. Collective Soul: Hidden Track
11. Toad the Wet Sprocket: Fly From Heaven
12. New Radicals: You Get What You Give
13. Joe Satriani: Thinking of You
14. Alanis Morissette: One
15. Santana: Smooth (Featuring Rob Thomas)

So cue them up and step back, all the way back to the easier, carefree days in the summer of 1999. A time where Mark McGrath didn't mind being call Sugar Ray, Rob Thomas was only thinking about leaving Matchbox 20, and Alanis didn't know the mess Ryan Reynolds would make and was still rocking my world!!!

7 comments:

JJ said...

Ahhh...the mix CD. So memorable. Thank you for the young photo of Paul. I will share with Kelly.

Oh and you two started dating after I had been married 2 years already. Thanks for making me feel old...again.

Hillary Brown said...

haha, i remember that cd! good stuff! and by the way, joey fatone is from nsync not back street boys... shame on you! ;)

Bree D. said...

OK I have to say something. This is Paul BTW. That is a poster I got at an after concert NSYNC party. And yes I did shake Joey's hand! I even said "what's up!" to Justin and Britney. Seriously. -Paul

Bree D. said...

I can't BELIEVE I mixed that band up!! Can you tell I wasn't a fan!!!

Audrey said...

Ohhhh so sweet. Not only did he have great taste in music, but great taste in picking you! Congrats!

Amber said...

ha. ha. ha. Paul. Classic. I love that he is matching joey's hands. Best part of the whole picture. Well his facial expression is pretty good as well... too cool for school, Paul? It might be a little better if he wore one of those sweet neclaces that joey is wearing. Does it have an 'S' on it for superman? I sure hope so.

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

Alanis did rock your world!!!! I totally associate her with you.
LOVING the CD cover...way to go Paul.