Thursday, September 17, 2009

Today at a glance

This has been my very out of the ordinary day:

7:00am- Up and At em: getting all three girls ready and out the door, lunches packed, myself still in house pants (no exercising today, so sad!)

8:00am- Load up the girls to run carpool with Asher to school

8:30am- pick up Mom to drive her to the airport so she can go back to Hillary's house

9:10am- stopping off at Jenn's house to bring her three boxes of my Dad's peaches

9:30am- drop off mom, give her hugs and tell her to send our love to Hill and Avery: commend my girls about how good they have been so far!

10:20am- Home, the girls play outside while I shower and dress (Yes, even with make-up!)

11:30am- Drop the girls off with Jill and Lily so I can start my round of volunteering in Abby's class.

1:00pm- Pick up the girls

1:30pm- Meet Paul for an impromptu Lunch: we all love that (Eva fell asleep in the car on the way, poor thing!)

3:30pm- Abby is dropped off from school and we rush her over to soccer practice, quick run to the store, back to pick her up

5:00pm- HOME, but now I must start dinner preparations

Next up: Dishes, homework, baths, and bedtime routine accompanied, I hope, with a little sanity!

Question: How do all of you busy moms do this day in and day out!! While it was all worthwhile, I spent the entire day in the car, and I didn't get my workout in!!

5 comments:

JJ said...

I'm not sure I have the answer. The only thing I can do is get up earlier than the mayhem to try and squeeze in the exercising. Some things just suffer on the busy days...

Michelle said...

I don't know how I do it. Sometimes I just can't believe how many times I run to the schools, the stores, and the dance/soccer practices. I live an insane life. ;)

julie Gutke said...

unfortunately....... all i can tell you is get used to it!!!.... and on a lighter note...you will find new things you do to class as exercise.... you do burn calories driving your car you know!!!!:)

Sarah F. said...

I feel exhausted just reading about your day! You can always send the little ones over here to play if you need a break from the running around with them. Kaitlyn would love that. Nathan is terrible in the car....we dread going anywhere!

TJoad said...

Sadly this is my life as of late. It's not so bad during the school hours, but from 3-9pm. It's no wonder I fall into bed at night. Sheesh!

Julie