Friday, July 3, 2009

what a week

This week I got a taste of being the mother of four. Our ward left on the Stake Trek on Monday and one of my neighbors who had agreed to be parents to a family had lost their babysitter for their six year old son Charlie. In a last minute panic they called us to see if we would take him in. Knowing how stressed I would have been in that situation Paul and I agreed and the girls were so excited to have him stay. Eva graciously gave up her room to him and moved in with her sisters. He really was to most polite well mannered little boy you ever spent time with. Not a single problem with him, in fact I think Eva decided that he was the older brother she always wanted. I would often hear her calling him in her lispy voice "Charlie, Charlie, help me Charlie", and he would always come to her aid!! We went to play group, built forts, went swimming at the pool, played monster chase, went to story time at the library, and made runs to Lowe's for tiling supplies. After he went home Abby looked at me and said "Mom, I am really sad to have Charlie go home". Yes, she really loved having a constant playmate even early in the morning and late at night!

Because of my need to be cruise director this week to make sure that our house guest wasn't getting bored I wasn't able to scrapbook as much as I would have liked, but here are a couple. I hope you don't mind Halloween in July- it really is difficult to get into that mode when it is 90 degrees outside and we just got home from the pool!!!

2 comments:

Amber said...

I love all the square patchwork on Abby's page. Remember how Trace and I came over and handed out candy while you and your girls went trick or treating? That was a fun night!

Jennifer said...

Wow! I'm glad he was a sweet little boy! How cute that your girls loved him so much--"Charlie, help me!" How cute they are!

I LOVE the page of Laurynn and Abby, I'm stealing it, of course! Thank you for making pages for me and my children! :-)

I can't believe that before we know it, Halloween '09 will be sneaking up on us--fun to look at the pages from '08!