Thursday, July 9, 2009

Houston- we have a bathroom!!!

One small step in the process of improving the house, one giant step for do-it yourselfers everywhere!!
We tore the original bathroom down to the studs (we went even further than this replacing all the floorboards and all the walls surrounding the tub). Now just look at the amazing work of my overly talented husband!! We finished it last night, just as my sanity almost went over the edge! It is not an easy thing to give up one of your two bathrooms and live among construction for a month, but we did it! We survived, well, I survived and didn't lose my mind!! But it was all worth it, because I couldn't be happier with how it turned out, it just feels so luxurious, fresh, clean and modern.

The cabinet(which is taller so that Paul doesn't have to bend in half to wash his face anymore!):
Mirror and light:
Shower:I will have you know that I made all the cuts on the wet saw myself!! And I didn't even brake a single tile! Check out Paul's grout lines, stunning!

Of course the true hit of the remodel is the self-closing lid on the toilet!!I keep finding them in here yelling "TaDa- it's magic!". We probably had better get one for their bathroom as well.

But tell me what to do here:
Should it just be left alone because the room is small, or does it need something here? It feels empty. Paul thinks I should put up a small towel rack, but we don't use them, we have hooks on the back of the door. I am afraid a picture would be too much. Give me some suggestions!!

Can I just say it feels so good to have my bathroom back, no tools lying all around, an inch of dust on everything, and the smell of construction. Of course the house is a work in progress and the downstairs bathroom/laundry room construction is looming- maybe we should take a brake for a little while though and just enjoy our new bathroom that sparkles!!

13 comments:

TJoad said...

Bree, it's beautiful! You guys did such a terrific job. I know exactly what you are talking about--our addition took over two years. I thought I would lose my mind. The worst was living without a kitchen for 2-3 weeks. I say take a breather and enjoy what you've done!

Julie Wise

JJ said...

Wow! It's beautiful. I guess I should expect nothing less when you and Paul tackle such a project. I love the colors.

As for above the toilet, hit RodWorks. 'Nuf said.

Randy said...

Wow!! I'm totally impressed (and jealous) I wish our shower and bathroom looked like that. Congrats. and tell Paul "well done."

shamae said...

Absolutely fabulous. Of course I love the red!! Maybe something flat but ornamental on the wall--rod works would be perfect for that, or greenery in a bronze pot on the back of the toilet?

Jill said...

YEAH! It looks great! I say definetly put a little something there. The tile looks amazing! Great Job!

Sarah F. said...

Bree....that looks amazing!! I am so impressed! You guys did such a great job.

Michelle said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH MYYYYY GOSH! It is seriously amazing! You and Paul make a great team and now I am begging you to come finish ours. :) You picked out gorgeous stuff and the colors are beautiful! You guys did it fast and phenomenal. Congrats!!

Brooke said...

Wow...I'm jealous of that tub. The colors are warm and beautiful. And I can't believe you guys did it all yourselves! In that empty space in our bathroom, we put up a pretty cabinet because we needed more storage. But if you don't need more storage, I'd say get three of something small: three of those metal stars, three small framed photographs or art, etc. and hang them vertically.

Mr. Kelly Conroy said...

Very cool. I really like the taller sink cabinet. I am sure I have a bunch of sweet pictures of me that you could put in that empty spot. Of course that might be a bit intimidating to Paul.....

Great job!

Amber said...

I just love the finished project! Who would have though that Paul was great at everything he started?? I also agree to Rod Works... but you might want to try Tai Pan as well. I love both of those stores. I think something should go there as well. I usually just like to browse until I find the perfect thing. Good luck!

Hillary Brown said...

bree it looks amazing- no one would ever guess you two did it by yourselves! i am also really enjoying the self closing toilet lid- that is awesome! also thanks for the baby clothes! can't thank you enough!

Kelly said...

That is absolutely beautiful. I love the dark wood and the tiling is amazing. Such great work!! Also love the shower curtain. Okay, I love it all!!

Hildie said...

Looks great. You definitely need some sort of cabinet above the toilet. More room for girl stuff.