Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th

I love the 4th of July! I love the colors and painted toes and fingers, I love the fireworks, I love the patriotism, I love the family time.

This year we started our day at the crack of dawn down in Provo at the Hot Air Balloon Festival. I have never been to it before but I knew that Abby and Liv would love it. (Naturally Paul did NOT want to get up at 5:00am after working on the tile until 1:00am, only I am that crazy, so we left Eva home with him) We met my brother and sister down there with their families and it was so interesting to see how they get those balloons in the air, so cool. The girls were amazed at their size! Then they all took flight together and filled the skies as they loop around and try to be the first to drop their flag on the target and capture their balloons. We packed a picnic breakfast and sat on blankets while we watched all the fun.

That evening we hosted my family for a BBQ and fireworks. We ate good food, (this was the Trifle that I contributed, I am very proud of how it turned out!! Yes, those would be fresh picked raspberries from my Dad's garden, and blueberries yum!)
played a rousing game of horseshoes, set off bottle rockets and fountains, pops and sparklers. For your enjoyment here is "Cartwheel of fire" via Brooklyn!Did I mention I LOVE the 4th of July?

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Glad you had so much fun! Sometimes it is good to go do something you don't normally do. I bet the hot air balloons were amazing.

Happy Independence Day!

Amber said...

That dessert was a delight... possibly my new favorite dessert ever! Maybe it's just because of the fresh raspberries from your dad's garden! Thanks again for having us over! It was so much fun to be with everyone and to have an outing! I love those more and more every day!

Audrey said...

Looks like you had a great time! We sure missed doing "real" fireworks. And I am glad that you are posting pages again. Not that I am getting any scrapping done mind you, but just in case a moment would present itself, I have your pages to copy! Thanks. You always do inspiring work. We miss you guys.

Jennifer said...

What a fun day you guys had! Sorry we left you all for my family once again! We really do love the Griffiths Family, too! I love everyone's festive family photos! The hot air balloon thing looks AWESOME! If they ever do it again, I may have to become a morning person for a day to take my own kids to that!!!!

Jill said...

I love all the pictures, and I did grab the one of our family! It was such a fun weekend! Oh and I did grab a little spoonful of your dessert and it was amazing!

Jessica said...

I love the fourth too! It looks like you guys had a great one: fun clothes, painted fingernails, sparklers, and hot air balloons. What more could someone want? What cute girls!