Sunday, November 30, 2008

Cousins, Cousins, and more Cousins Hooray!!

We are back from our very fun Thanksgiving vacation. It was so wonderful to see all of my family again, to talk, reminisce and just have a good time together. Thanksgiving in Idaho is always a huge event, the family has grown so large over the years but I think it makes it all the more fun. I must take a moment now and thank Denae for her hospitality and letting us stay at her house!
Thanksgiving morning started out with the traditional Football game, no snow this year but it was 30 degrees! I wasn't able to take any photos (mainly because I was too wimpy to go out in the cold and made the excuse that food needed to be prepared) but it was as rough as always with my brother Trace getting a bloody nose and my uncle breaking his finger- it wouldn't be Thanksgiving without casualties!!
Next my gracious Aunt Bonnie hosted the group at her house, the meal being served outside in a tent and my girls thought it was the best thing ever!
The meal was followed by a smorgasbord of Pies, of which Abby helped herself to no less than 6 pieces before she was discovered!!

Of course the very best part of the holiday for me is watching all the cousins playing together and truly enjoying each other. (I do think that Uncle Kelly is the new favorite for being the bouncer on the tramp)
Reminds me of days gone by when my cousins and I were little and we truly loved each others company- many many great memories come to mind as soon as I step foot in my Aunt Bonnie's home- it has changed over the years but the heart is the same.

Friday we attended my cousin Denae's wedding at the new Rexburg temple and I was so happy to be there. It was a beautiful ceremony and I loved seeing the joy on her face!! Congratulations again!!

Our holiday was only made better by capping it off with a day spent at my In-laws on Saturday. Audrey and her family were in town and you know my girls were beside themselves with joy at seeing their cousin sisters!!!(I don't know why I didn't take any pic's!) More good food, talk, and fun and we are now home, HOME! Vacations are good, and fun and exciting and anticipated, but being home from one is a wonderful feeling!

Thanks to everyone for your time, company,and friendship- family is the best!!

UPDATE: Randy and Megan now have a blog go and check them out at the right!!

10 comments:

JJ said...

Oh boy! All those photos take me back. It is so ironic we share cousins.

I wish I could have been there for Denae's wedding. I'll have to get all the details from you one of these days.

Glad you got back safely.

Jennifer said...

That was a great synopsis of our fun Thanksgiving get-away! Thanks again for all of your wonderful pictures; I already stole a few of them off of your blog to keep for ourselves. I love the digital age! So easy to share!

We really did have a lot of fun with you and everyone else! Glad you made it back home safe and sound!

randah said...

it really was a great thanksgiving! it was good to see you guys!

Maddox Family said...

It looks like it was a fun and eventful thanksgiving. I hope Trace is recovering okay. It sounds like the wedding was nice. It looks like it was nice weather up at Idaho.

Jill said...

I love all the pictures! Thanksgiving was so fun this year! I love the look of your blog especially your header! The aged look of the pictures of the girls is a great touch!

Amber said...

First of all, your new look is adorable! I love the country look of it! I also have to comment on the fabulous pictures that you were able to take. You got some good ones of all the kids! It was great spending time with you guys... thanks again for dropping us off in Salt Lake! I hope Liv is feeling better.

Michelle said...

Looks like a fun time! ...I do hope there was heat in the tent....

:)

Michelle said...

I forgot to say how much i love your blog backgrounds! Very festive!!

Paulene Davis said...

Thanksgiving is best when there are lots of cousins and people together. We all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Linda Clark said...

What a great time and it is fun for all the cousins to play. It has been fun to see the happy faces of everyone from Thanksgiving on their blogs..a truly wonderful holiday. Your pics were beautiful.