Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Whipped into shape

In the past Paul and I have done the Power 90 workout program. It is a 90 day schedule that rotates you through cardio and strength training. At the time I wasn't even weighing or measuring myself but I dropped several pant sizes and was felling very good(this was before we had any children). Paul had amazing results dropping nearly 30 pounds! So the new and updated and advanced version came out a while ago called Power90X . After thinking about it for a while Paul went ahead and got it with the stipulation that I would be his workout buddy and he wanted to work out at night. I am more than happy to do that(despite the fact that I am a morning workout type of person)- not that he needs to lose any weight but because I want him to be healthy, make his heart stronger and lower his cholesterol with the heart history in his family. However, I LOVE my swimming and Spinning too much (I have let the running slide for this) so three days a week I am doing double workouts. I am very intrigued as to weather this will help me break through my slump. I am at my goal weight and holding steady but have not been able to budge it. Will I be able to tone up more since it involves a lot of strength training that I haven't done in the past? I know that this is good for all women to build our bone mass and lower our risk of osteoporosis. Naturally, I will probably experience both of those benefits but I predict a jump in my weight by a few pounds as I build more muscle. I will keep you posted!
So last week we launched into the program and I was soooo sore I thought I was going to die!!! I found that working out twice a day was hard but by throwing in the night workout is making me eat less at dinner and it has halted my nighttime snackies completely, so that is great! Yes Paul has already lost 3 pounds(IN ONE WEEK) and as of today I am down 1- curse those men and their natural testosterone pumping fat burning metabolisms!!!!
I will say though that I am over the soreness and really enjoying the workouts- they are VERY intense and I can't wait until day 90 when I am a toned up hottie!!!!

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Ooh good for you:)!! I am so jealous, I may cry(seriously)! I think double work outs are the best for creating results, especially doing more toning!
I told you I gained 7 pounds when I started lifting more weights. It's hard to see on the scale so maybe just focus on how things fit and how you feel.
More power90 to you. ha, ha.
I may have to ask for a copy once this baby is out of me!!

Jennifer said...

Wow--you are so ambitious! I'm sure you will see magnificent results with your dedication! And, hey, don't look at Paul's pounds as the number, you need to look at both your and his losses in terms of percentage of body weight! Good luck!

williams family said...

That's awesome! I saw that on an infomercial forever ago and always wanted to try it, but never did because you never know if it will be worth your money. I'm looking forward to seeing the results. Maybe after I have this baby I'll try something like that so I can be a hottie like you.

Audrey said...

I liked the 1st one that came out, and then I really go into the Slim in 6. This new one sounds great too. Hope I recognize you when we come in a week!

Jill said...

Sounds like fun! A great way to track what's going on is to take your measurements (weekly), instead of worry about what's going on with the scale. Especially if your gaining muscle! I'm so happy to hear that you are not afraid to gain muscle! A lot of women are, thinking they will look like a muscle builder or something, but that is not how we are made! Anyways lots of success and how fun that you have Paul to do it with!

amberdat said...

That is so rad!! I love that you and Paul are workout buddies. I wish that I could get into it without feeling like I'm going to pass out in the first three minutes. Will I ever be able to exercise without feeling like that again? I've lost weight since I've been pregnant so I'm not really worried about that but I just miss working out!! You guys are awesome. Keep us posted on the results!

JJ said...

I actually was holding back from commenting on this because I'm so jealous. For some reason, after this last child, I can't seem to do anything right.

But, instead of being jealous, I should congratulate you on all your many achievements.

Congrats (i hate you)!

Michelle said...

....just imagining you and Paul in that Power Yoga move you guys described to us. (hee hee hee) Oh how fun it would be to peek in your window and watch. ;)