Friday, November 7, 2008

More information than one should ever divulge!

Over the last couple of months I have been tagged several times. I had very good intentions of doing them, because I LOVE them, but alas, things have gotten away from me. So now I can't remember all of them so here are a couple of recent ones
Enjoy!!!!!

FIVE THINGS:

5 things I was doing 10 year ago:
- Starting in on my third year of College at Weber State in Dental Hygiene
- Went to Wendover with roommates to do my very first round of LEGAL gambling
- Dating a Loser (LONG story for another time!)
- Writing a missionary
- Thought I had life all figured out- SO wrong!!

5 Things on my to do list in no special order:
- Triathlon
- Go to Italy with Paul
- Get all my holiday shopping done before Christmas Eve this year
- Do the laundry
- Watch my family grow up happy

5 favorite snacks:
- CHEESECAKE
- Frosty floats from Wendy's (Paul lets me have one on days he knows I NEED one!)
- Gummy candy's
- Triscut Crackers with Sharp cheddar cheese slices
- Popcorn

5 Jobs I've had:
- Lawn mowing (family business)
- Secretary for the training department at the Developmental Center (Dad's work)
- Shopko, Heath and Beauty Dept. (Logan), Receiving (Ogden)
- Dental Assistant- Family Practice, Endodontist, Cosmetic Dentistry
- Wife and Mom

5 Things I would do with a million dollars:
- Pay off the mortgage
- Travel to some other countries
- Buy my husband the car of his dreams (he deserves it after taking care of everyone else!)
- Set up college funds for my kids
- Buy every pair of shoes that I see and love!

5 Things that made me laugh this week:
- Abby- when she made her alien out of construction paper and proceeded to tell me he live on the planet Neptune.
- Liv- when I picked her up from preschool today and she had put her "good job" sticker on her forehead- and then couldn't tell me a single thing they had done because "I forgot".
- Eva- Every time I turn around I find her standing in front of the fridge staring at her trick or treat bucket that is on top!
- Paul- watching him watch 30Rock last night- the answers for both conversations was great!
- Good friends at a birthday dinner out on Monday night.

SIX RANDOM THINGS:
1.I hate emptying the dishwasher so much that I let the dishes pile in the sink until I can't find the faucet before I do it!!
2.I used to be a makeup queen. I know, many of you didn't know me before I had children, now I only wear it when I am going somewhere, which is sparse!! Paul likes to joke with me by saying "Are you wearing makeup- you look so beautiful today" when he know that I am not!
3. I have had my toenails painted every day since my sophomore year of high school. We went backpacking up in the high Uintas and I decided to wear a new pair of hiking boots (never do this!). I developed huge blisters under the toenails of my big toes. They didn't fall off but grew out only being attached half way down. It looks really weird, so I ALWAYS have them painted.
4.I can't scrapbook out of chronological order. I have tried to do events, like birthdays, holidays, just so that I don't forget the feelings, but I just can't. Something about not having them in order in my mind- I know weird!
5.When I drive- I BLAST the music and sing along. I know that many of you do this, but do all three of your girls yell "LOUDER MOM" and sing along with Hannah Montana microphones in hand!!! My mother worries for the safety of their ears- I think it is fun!!
6.I love to get magazines in the mail. Right now I get: Creating Keepsakes, Allure, Glamour, Self, Parenting, Golf Magazine (for Paul really), Digital Scrapbooking Mag. (through Email). It all started back when I was 12 and started ordering YM (Young and Modern Magazine). I was such a sucker for the fashion and makeup tips, interviews with movie stars, "I can't believe this totally happened" letters. It then evolved into a Cosmo subscription that took me through college- so many good times reading and laughing with my roommates. In fact, most road trips I pick one up for Paul and I to read together while we are driving- we just have a good laugh!!

HUBBY TAG:

1. Where did you meet? In Provo- His roommate was trying to date me!!!

2. How long did you date before you were married? A year and a half- seems like longer with all the brake ups and drama!!! HA HA HA

3. How long have you been married? Almost 8 years

4. What is your favorite feature of his? His broad shoulders- So manly!!!! I also love his dark hair and Blue eyes combination!

5. What is your favorite quality of his? His sense of humor. He makes me laugh so much and we really get each other.

6. Does he have a nickname for you? Not really, my name doesn't lend itself to that very well. Does Hotty count!!!!

7. What is his favorite food? I would say Italian, because he is so particular about it. But you know- he loves Kraft Singles, hot dogs and Doritos too!!! Sometime I like to say that I cook for 4 children!!

8. What is his favorite sport? That is a toss up because he loves sports of all kinds, except Baseball outside of the world series. But his favorite would have to be Bronco Football, then BYU football and then Jazz Basketball followed up by Golf.

9. When and where was your first kiss? At my apartment in Heritage Gardens in Provo after our first official date- I know I am a slut!!!

10. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple?I really shouldn't talk about that in an open forum!!!! HA HA. We really just love to get the girls to bed, lay on the couch together and watch our favorite shows while rubbing each others feet.

11. Do you have any children? Three beautiful girls.

12. Does he have a hidden talent? Most of his talents are pretty well seen, but I would say his ability to keep his car completely clean- not a speck of dust or drop of dirt in it!

13. How old is he? 32

14. Who said "I love you" first. ME!!!! And I totally got the "T-h-a-n-k-s, that's nice." Horrifying!!

16. What do you admire the most about him? His unwavering testimony, willingness to always tell the truth, and say exactly what is on his mind without worrying what others think.

17. Do you think he will read this? Yes, he is one of my biggest blog fans, although he NEVER comments!!

And that is everything you ever wanted to know and more!!!!

6 comments:

amberdat said...

Ha ha ha! This was pretty funny. I am sitting in Trace's office reading this, just laughing hysterically and hearing Trace say, "What is so funny now?" He said to tell you that he agrees with you being a slut and kissing on the first date! I laughed. I also love the part about Paul saying exactly what is on his mind and not caring what other people think. I am one to laugh along with the things he says...

Jennifer said...

I loved this!!! So much fun. I didn't know that Paul keeps his car perfectly clean! It doesn't surprise, me, though. Good for him! I vaguely remember your "makeup queen" days. You are just one of those very lucky people that don't need make up to look beautiful, and when you DO wear it, you are simply STUNNING!

I love the things that made you laugh this week; your sweet girls and all of their little things always make me laugh, too. I adore them, you know. I can't totally picture each one of those scenarios!

Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow for THE LAST home game of the season! Go, BYU! (At least, for the sakes of our husbands and our rides home with them after the game!)

Audrey said...

So fun!We were howling at 30 rock last night as well. and I don't even like that show. I love how you guys are my source of what is on TV.

Paulene Davis said...

We share yet another thing in common. I hate to put dishes away out of the dishwasher. It is the job I always give away when someone asks to help. Loved reading all about you and learning a few new things.

Linda Clark said...

Who needs a journal or autobiography when we have these wonderful tags to tell all!! So fun to learn more about you and your Paul. Great famkly!!

Michelle said...

You said "I love you" FIRST? Wow!
And Paul, what's up with "thanks"--- I'm sure that made her feel great!
I never knew that you didn't like to do dishes. You're sink is always empty.

Loved this post! Love to learn things I didn't know about ya. :)