Friday, November 21, 2008

Wisdom beyond her years

How did she know that TWO years ago was the right time to come? How could she know that she needed to join our family right then, no obstacle was getting in her way- she had things to do, people to meet, great things to accomplish, HAPPINESS to bring. How did she know that I would be so happy TODAY to have another fun, energetic, loving, sweet, adorable little girl laughing with me and singing "Twinkle Twinkle" together and tucking in baby dolls all day long? That I would need to have her here right NOW to enjoy my favorite stage of childhood again. How did SHE know that WE knew that three girls were most definitely better than two! How did she know that if she weren't here NOW then Liv would be so lonely while Abby was at school. How did she KNOW that Paul would be needing little cubby two year old arms to give him tight hugs last night. She KNEW that two years later she would be the piece that made us all feel COMPLETE. Two years old- and WISER than I think I could ever be- she saw the BIG picture and I am grateful more and more each day for that. Thank you for WANTING and rushing to be part of our family- for knowing that we couldn't WAIT to be with YOU- sometimes we all just need a little push in the right direction when we can't see past our own noses. I know NOW that it was the PERFECT time and this is the RIGHT place to be!HAPPY BIRTHDAY Evangeline- You are a JOY and we all love you to pieces!!

8 comments:

JJ said...

Happy Birthday sweet Eva! Yes. Life would not be complete without you.

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday Eva! That was a sweet little tribute to her. She will love to read it when she is older.

Jennifer said...

That was such a sweet post, Bree! Yes, that little Eva certainly was wise to join your family when she did; she is a joy to everyone. I love watching that little girl in action, that's for sure! Happy birthday, yesterday, Eva! (I told Brandon to say that to you when he was on the phone, but he hung up too fast--sorry!!! But, we did think about you, and we love you, Eva!!!)

Michelle said...

Cute pages! Such a sweet girl... I love her so much!

Audrey said...

Oh I just love her! Hopefully we can spend her birthday next year with bug cupcakes in California??? hint hint.

Linda Clark said...

That was a beautiful tribute to your little girl. She is a little angel and she is very lucky to have such loving parents. Have a great Tanksgiving with your families.

Amber said...

She is so beautiful! I LOVE that first picture of her. I am so glad she is in your family... you're right three girls is better than two. And four is better than three :). I loved growing up with three sisters, despite all the fighting and stealing each other's clothes. I am so excited for your girls to be such good friends. They are all so sweet!

Paulene Davis said...

What a wonderful entry. Eva is truly a loved and darling little girl. We loved being there and sharing cake.