Tuesday, November 11, 2008

We made the leap

My little Eva can no longer be considered a baby! After several months of Paul telling me she was ready, and me not wanting to believe him, Eva was moved into a toddler big girl bed!! She will be two years old next week so I guess she is ready, especially when her favorite thing to do is climb into Abby's bed, get all snuggled into the blankets and say "night, night, mom".

Yes, we took the crib apart and put it in storage. Wait a minute...WE TOOK THE CRIB DOWN!!!!! For the first time in nearly six years we don't have a crib in our house!! I am just a little bit freaking out right now, but I will get over it right? It is OK to say goodbye to the old and familiar and embrace the new and untested right? We only had the first night of a melt down as she cried for her "baby bed". It was more then sad, but the smile on her face the next day as she told everyone about her "big bed" made me very happy!WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BABY!!? How could she be this old already...

11 comments:

Audrey said...

You have more guts than I do! We just put Carter in a twin bed 3 weeks ago, and he will be 3 in Feb. We took the crib down for good. Sad. But on the bright side, I can lay in the bed with him and we sing songs. I couldn't fit in the crib.

Kelly said...

I imagine that is weird to not have a crib after so long. I bet Eva feels so grown up. Brody's still in his crib were I imagine he'll stay for a few more months.

Laura said...

What a sweet little face she has. It made me happy just to see her cute smile!

Amber said...

She looks so happy!! I love her smile! Congrats on taking the crib down. That must be a weird feeling... we're going to put a crib up in about 7 months and who knows when we'll be taking it down!

JJ said...

She looks more grown up every time I see her. I can't believe she's already moving to a big girl bed. I'm glad that the transition is working.

Jennifer said...

Always a big event! Just look at that sweet smile! It was so great, as usual, to see you guys on Saturday. Too bad all of the BYU home games are over for the season; I guess we'll just have to think of other excuses to get together! Thank goodness (no pun intended!) that Thanksgiving is coming up so quickly! Since I probably won't see you guys until then, Happy Birthday, Eva! Love you!

Bethany said...

She is the cuttest little thing! I love when kids wake up so happy. It's like you suddenly realize you missed them while they were dreaming. That must be so weird to not have a crib after so many years. If you are missing it too much, you know there is a remedie.

Bethany said...

Oh, and HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!

Tamarynn Leigh said...

So cute! I can't believe she's 2!! Wow! She is adorable. I bet it's such an abnormal feeling to not have the crib set up!!

Linda Clark said...

I wish they had those when my kids were little. They are the greatest transition beds ever. She really is a sweet little girl...she will love the fact that Mommy and Daddy can lay on it and read and sing with her.

Michelle said...

Hey, let's bring the crib back!!! Have another one...or two!