Friday, December 5, 2008

Ushering in the season

Today the two PM Kindergarten classes at Abby's school put on their Christmas Devotional program. She and her cousin Asher did an excellent job with their speaking parts, memorized verses, and sang their little hearts out.Abby also was one of the angels that performed a song, some played the bells, others drums, but she loved that her instrument was the tambourine!I am totally mad that I became distracted right before Abby went to the mic to say her lines she had been practicing for weeks. By the time I got the camera turned back on (in the wrong mode and un-zoomed) she had blasted through it and all I captured was this:her walking away! Oh well there will be many more school performances to come!! Not to mention that none of the pictures were great because we were too far back for my little camera, it did try it's best though!!

I have to say that it was so cute to see those darling children talk about the birth of Christ and what this holiday is all about. My favorite line given was by a sweet little girl with the cutest lisp you ever heard "What gift could I give, small as I am? I can give him my heart".
The program ended with choir and audience participation of Joy to the World- I truly do love this time of year and celebrating the birth of Christ. Sometimes it is easy to get distracted from what this holiday is, I have decided today to not let myself get too crazy and make sure that I enjoy it, and take the time to teach my children and help them understand the true meaning! Thanks PM Kindergarten at American Heritage School for a wonderful afternoon!

5 comments:

Audrey said...

Oh this is so very cute! Great job Abby, you look fabulous.

Kelly said...

That looks like a great performance. It's nice that she get's to recognize Christ birth at school. One more benefit of going to a private school!

Paulene Davis said...

Hearing Abby and her classmates sing and recite about our Savior at this time of year was very special to me. It has set the spirit for Christmas for me. Thanks for inviting me.

Kathleen Gauger said...

Your blog is darling. I love the whole look. I can tell you and Paulene and Audrey have the same taste at least in your blogging. Very, very cute!

Trent and Carlie & Co. said...

Looks like the program was a hit! Very cute! Thanks for the sewing machine tips! I still need to get out and get a wing needle & try it out. :)