Saturday, December 13, 2008

Full of it

Full of Christmas Cheer that is!!! Yesterday I decided that I love Christmas, well, I have always known that I love Christmas, but yesterday reaffirmed that to me. My day started off with a very fun, motivating, exhausting spin class with my sister Shamae in which the instructor had all upbeat renditions of Christmas classics!! It was really fun, mostly because our final song was "All I want for Christmas is you" by Mariah Carey- this just so happens to be Paul's favorite one of all time, the first one we listen to each year while we decorate the tree.
Next I drove home to find that my dear brother Brandon had successfully made the drive in his truck to take our blue couches off our hands (to be used in their new house when construction is completed) so that I could start operation "Give Paul the present he wants". Then while the girls ran wild- well danced and spinned and ran races- in the new empty room (really, why do we furnish our spaces, clearly empty ones are much more fun!) I finished up on my handmade Christmas presents. Yes these would be the items that have kept me from completing anything else this week, the reason why my kitchen is the most beautiful mess of felt, ribbon, thread and glue, the reason why it can now be found around the entire house, and yes, the reason why I have been in crafting heaven!
Next I got the knock on the door, the delivery boys were here to install Paul's (and mine really!) Christmas gift just a little early (who am I to put it off when I can have it now!!)Isn't she lovely!! Now I just have to paint the accent wall and get some new accessories- this would be the MY Christmas part that will take effect AFTER the holiday. Hopefully I can find some really great prices on home decor!
After that I settled in to wrap all the presents. This is very fun for me, especially because I LOVE my paper and ribbons this year! And yes- I AM COMPLETELY DONE AND READY FOR CHRISTMAS!! This is probably the first year in my life that I can say that and it feels really good!! This could be the true reason that I am full of cheer, because now I can sit back and enjoy it!
After dinner we all settled in on our new couch- a spot for everyone mind you- and watch the Top 20 songs of Christmas countdown while again the girls danced and twirled around the room.
Yes- I love Christmas and yesterday was a good day!!
(Today, not so much because I got a ticket for speeding last week(while out hurrying much to quickly to get all the before mentioned presents) and had to attend traffic school this morning making me miss the Ward Christmas breakfast and seeing my darlings sitting on Santa's lap for the FIRST TIME EVER without being too scared- blast those policemen and their doing their jobness!)

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sorry about the ticket--especially since you missed your cute girls on Santa's lap! The new couch looks really nice--thanks for your old ones. We'll have to come try it out and watch a football game or something sometime! I wish I could have seen your cute little dancers--I can't wait to see you guys soon (I assume we'll all be getting together at your parents' house the Sunday before Christmas or something!).

Jennifer said...

Oh, P.S., I love your Christmas look! (Sorry, you've probably had it for a week or two, but I haven't had much time for blogging, so I'm just now seeing it--I love it!)

JJ said...

Oh wow! Santa came early to your house. I wish he were coming to mine this year. Very cool. When are we invited over to test them out?

That photo of Paul and Santa with your girls is great! I'm so sorry that you couldn't be there for it.

Michelle said...

Awesome couch! (Although I should tell you that I liked the blue ones.)

Oh, I am jealous. We don't have our tree up yet. Too many set backs and now we're sick. So, we may not get it up this year. I hope you have a super festive season and I'll read all about it here. :)

Jill said...

Congrats on the new couch! Abby told us about it all last week, so I'm sure she is so happy that it is finally home to enjoy. We don't even have a family christmas party at my ward! Weird I know. They do a adults only dinner! How weird is that???

Audrey said...

Merry Christmas to you!!! I love the new sectional, and it fits your room so well. Oh so sorry you had to miss that darling santa family opportunity. That is a great one. I have to admit that Mariah's song is one of my all time faves too! It will not surprise Paul that I have choreographed a dance to it complete with can-can kicks and shimmeys. oh, wait, I bet that just ruined the song for him. sorry.

Amber said...

I love the new Christmas present! I am so glad that the girls aren't too shy to sit on Santa's lap this year. Sorry about the ticket. That cop sure didn't have the Christmas spirit!!

Paulene Davis said...

Merry Christmas. I love your new couch and love how it fits into your room. I am so sorry to hear about your ticket - that's number two isn't it? Cute photo of the girls with Paul and Santa.

Kelly said...

That is a great Christmas present. They look so cozy. I can't wait to see what color accent wall you are going to paint and how you are going to decorate. Good job getting everything done early, I'm sure that makes the holidays much less stressful. I wouldn't know about such things:)

Linda Clark said...

Well bah, humbug to the traffic cop! He just doesn't appreciate the agenda we women have this time of year...but kudos to your great husband for taking the girls and doing the picture with Santa. Enjoy your new couch!