Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Grinning from ear to ear

Trace and Amber are in town for the holiday and after the billion feet of snow we received yesterday they decided to take Abby out sledding. She is so deprived and has never been. In my defense snow is over rated, cold, and obnoxious- I don't even own a pair of SNOW boot (I have many other better qualified varieties) to even have tried taking her. So my wonderful brother, and let's face the facts, even MORE wonderful Amber took her and she had the most wonderful time!
She was even brave enough to do a solo run right off the jump, way to go girl!!!Thanks you guys for making my Utah born and breed daughter not be the laughing stock of her friends for never doing a very fun Utah activity!!!

6 comments:

JJ said...

I'm so glad she got the chance to go. We don't even own a sled (although we have in the past). I guess that's something I need to pick up at the store before the season is over.

Audrey said...

My kids have never been sledding either. (and it has nothing to do with living in So. Cal for the past 6 yrs!) I have never deemed it a worthwhile activity. But after seeing Abby's sweet and happy face, I may have to reconsider. She makes it look fun. Stay warm!

Paulene Davis said...

Sledding is very fun. I do have to agree that snow is over rated. I prefer warmth. Amber is so wonderful. I know how much yours girls love her. We are getting tons of snow this evening and into the night. Tomorrow is a good day to stay home and be warm. Glad that Abby had such a wonderful time.

Linda Clark said...

Sledding was fun...once! I even had skiis as a teenager and I think I may have skiied maybe 4 times is all, didn't like the cold or falling down every other minute! Abby looked like she had a blast.

amberdat said...

I am so glad that she was brave enough to come with us! She kept wanting to go down the hill, it was so fun to see her face as she held on the the sled for dear life then laughed at the bottom when the excitement stopped! I have to admit- things are always more fun with kids. Thanks for letting us borrow your since we don't have any... yet!

Jennifer said...

Way to go, Abby! And Happy 6th birthday, tomorrow! Sledding is fun, and I'm glad you got to go--Trace and Amber are such sweeties to invite you! I love the pictures with Trace and Abby on the sled; I can't wait to see what great layouts you create with those!