Saturday, March 22, 2008

So the other day....

I get a call from my dear friend from high school, Kerrie, at 9:30pm asking me if I had checked my mail. Now thinking this very strange I said no and she told me to do so immediately. I quickly followed orders only to find that it contained an invitation to one of the other high school friends (Rachel) bridal shower!! This brought me soooo much joy and happiness and the wonderful event was today! So after spending the morning with my family at the anuall egg coloring and hunt extravaganza, I left Paul with the girls and went over to Rachel's parents house (her dad was my seminary teacher and I hadn't seen him in years!) to celebrate the engagement and catch up on all the gossip and stories from old friends! It was such a wonderful time and I have forgotten how much fun us girls have when we get together! We talk, we laughed, we reminisce, and it was fabulous, how we have let a year go by since our last get together is beyond me, but we have made a pact to have a girls night out before the wedding which is in a month, and I vow here and now to make sure it happens!! I just love these girls!
Now I am posting my gift that Abby and I made to give to Rachel, mostly because I promised Jerianne that I would. Plus I am very proud of how it turned out!! It is a towel wedding cake, made of towels off her registry and decorated with all the Spa amenities that Rachel will need to relax the night before the wedding! Also I attached a "Reception and Wedding Emergency kit" in a little white hand bag! This was filled with travel sized hairspray, brush and mirror, lip gloss, mints, Extra strength Tylenol, nail file, deodorant, and Shout wipes(because spilling on the dress is inevitable!).
So here's to Hearts a flutter with wedded bliss and catching up with old friends (not that we are old or anything, ok, maybe just a little!)

11 comments:

JJ said...

Oh my goodness! I am sooooo impressed with your towel wedding cake. I can't believe you saw a picture and created it. Wow! You are amazing!

Michelle said...

That is so cute! I am just shocked that in a couple of days you can put it together... with the towels off of her registry and all!

It is always fun to see old friends. You've inspired me to look up some people I've wanted to see in a while. :)

Hillary Brown said...

yay for rachel! that is way exciting. is her sister my age married? good job on the cake- what a fun idea!

Audrey said...

That cake is so so so cool! Leave it to you. What a great idea. It will be the center of the gift table for sure.

Amber said...

Wow~ that towel cake looks like something out of a bridal magazine! It is so beautiful and fun. And the daisies are adorable add-ons. You are even more creative than I could have guessed!

Linda Clark said...

It is always such a fun time to get together with friends, it really does refresh and vitilize you. That is such a creative present...a towel cake, what a great idea. You are so good at things like that.

Jennifer said...

That towel wedding cake is so cute! I've seen a similar gift for baby showers with diapers, but I can never copy nor think of these things! It was great to see you guys Saturday!

Paulene Davis said...

Your talent list just keeps getting longer - what a darling idea. Fun times with friends, and you are all so beautiful.

Tamarynn Leigh said...

That is such a great gift idea. By the way, you look so good in that picture! Congrats on the bio at GDS. I checked it out and am excited that now I know someone famous! I think it's just so neat and I'm so happy for you.

Jessica said...

I do love to catch up with old friends. I love the gift! It will catch everyone's eye at the reception.

daherfamily said...

it is so fun to re-connect with girlfriends! your gift is adorable.