Monday, March 3, 2008

For my LOVE

32 years ago today, my husband Paul came into the world! He was the third child in his family, having two older sisters to love him, the oldest of the boys (two more would follow, along with another sister!). I didn't know him during the majority of his life(we met when he was 23), but I have seen the home video's to prove that he had an immense sense of humor, and huge competitive dive (yes, he cried when his soccer game was canceled when he was 6!) Basketball quickly became his great love and he really excelled! What I do know now is that he has grown in to a very hansom and capable man, who takes care of me, our daughters, my parents, his parents, my brother's and sisters, his brother's and sisters, and our dearest of friends! He can fix a car, plumb the bathroom, put recessed lights into my vaulted ceilings(yes he completed the task last Saturday, yeah!), frame and drywall a basement, fix anything computer related, give the very best bear hugs, and on top of it all tell me everyday that he thinks I am beautiful and that HE is so lucky to have ME. If only I could get him to realize that it was the other way around!!!
Birthday's are not Paul's favorite thing, he is too shy (I don't understand this, I for one LOVE my birthday!) So I will try not to embarrass him too much!
Paul, I love you, I am lucky to have such a capable, passionate and loving person to be my husband and I hope that this day is wonderful!
Happy Birthday!

And a big happy birthday to our nephew Brandon today, and to Michelle and our niece Grace tomorrow, we love you guys!

10 comments:

Amber said...

I love these kinds of posts... very sweet and thoughtful in everything you said. And I, for one, am proudly and gratefully included in the "Paul has helped you" club! Those short shorts are awesome too! Go Paul!!

JJ said...

What a handsome man and would you just check out those legs?! Happy Birthday, Paul! Thanks for all that you do for us and for being a great friend. We hope you have a fabulous day (of course you will...you get to spend part of it with us).

Audrey said...

Happy Birthday Paul!!! Thanks for posting the old pics Bree. Seeing that little blonde head again brings back so many memories. Thanks Paul for being my inside scoop on TV shows, being my personal tech support, and for being so hysterical to hang out with. You are a great brother to have. (how is that for embarrasing your shy birthdayness?)

Michelle said...

We all love Paul. There isn't anything that he can't fix or do!

Dinner was lots of fun -- Happy Birthday Paul.

Jennifer said...

Wow! What fun pictures you have posted of you sweet husband! I love to see what people looked like when they were little! He really was a cute little guy! Happy Birthday, Paul! We all love you!

Anonymous said...

Are those the film negatives of the Ethiopian basketball league?

Paulene Davis said...

These pictures bring back such great memories. He was truly a darling and talented little boy. It was also great to hear about how he takes care of his family. And yes, I so appreciate how he takes care of my computer. I love you son, you are wonderful!!

Linda Clark said...

Seeing those pictures of Paul really bring back the memories. I have always liked his quiet sense of humor and the fact that he has always made his Aunt Linda feel special. You have described him perfectly...he truly is a wonderful man. Happy late birthday greeting, Paul.

Tamarynn Leigh said...

Wow! I have always thought that Abby looked so much like you, but that third picture of Paul reminds me of her, too. How fun! Happy Birthday Paul!

Amber said...

My sister just posted a bunch of cute pictures of Tank eating his first sucker. If you ever do a page that has to do with that theme, feel free to check out the pictures and use them. I was laughing so hard. Especially at the last one! You'll enjoy them I think :)