Thursday, March 27, 2008

All dressed up with too many problems!

After church on Sunday I wanted to take pictures of my darling girls all made up for the holiday. It did make us 15 minutes late for church, the least I could do was document it with a photo of all three sister's looking so cute together! Problem #1- bleak landscape. I don't have any flowers in my yard, but to make myself feel a little better about it, nobody else around me did either because the holiday fell so early this year. So my plan was to head up to the Mt. Timpanogos Temple grounds, brilliant I thought!! Certainly the grounds keeper had some secret way of forcing bulbs to bloom earlier than everyone else- wrong. Of course everything was nice and well groomed, and in two weeks it would be brimming with color, but alas all we had were some purple pansies that pretty much blended into the dirt around them. But my mind was set and pictures we would be taking! Until problem #2- beautiful bright SHINING sun in everyone's eyes so all I captured were squinting faces or shadowed faces, amid cries of "The sun is in my eyes"! Not the best, but they will work I suppose.
Good thing they have such cute smiles!

Then we come to problem #3- did you notice that I haven't put up the treasured picture of all three girls together? That is because the third one thought she was free as the wind!! She kept kicking off her shoes and RUNNING all over the place! She wouldn't sit still for a minute.and of course when she did, this is the face she gave me!I guess this will have to do, walking out of her shoes and losing her jacket set to the brilliant backdrop of the parking lot!!

(sigh)- The scrapbooker in me had VISIONS of all that the pages could be! Ok, maybe I am really going to do the mock photo shoot two weeks from now when the flowers are in full bloom like Paul said I should!! I won't tell if you won't!!! :)

10 comments:

Amber said...

Ha ha ha. I won't tell, don't you worry. The girls look so beautiful! Where did you find all of those gorgeous dresses? And the ribbons in their hair are so adorable. Eva sounds like she is just loving those two legs she has discovered. Take 2 only means that you get to show off more pictures of those cute girls. I'm giving you the go!

Michelle said...

Yes! Retake them. ... Not to say that these photos are bad! I just love a flowery backdrop to anything. The girls look great no matter what faces they pull! You've got three adorable little offspring!!!

JJ said...

Your girls are absolutely stunning and I love your choice in Easter dresses.

I know that you are disappointed with the photos but remember my post about Taryn? There's something to be said about each stage in life and it's a scrapbook page in itself explaining why Eva has no shoes on, wouldn't sit still, and still looks so adorable.

Audrey said...

Oh how many times I have been disappointed in photos that didn't live up to my scrapbooking vision! I just had to laugh when you wrote that. Don't our children know what we see when we look through the lens? Your girls look darling though, and retakes or not, I see your vision! or you could always come to California.... hmmmm.

Jennifer said...

Oh, I love their Easter dresses! It is so frustrating when photo shoots don't turn out as planned! But, good thing your girls are so beautiful--that little Eva is quite the toad; I love those faces she makes. She makes me smile.

daherfamily said...

i love the easter dresses. the girls look so cute. sophia has been like that lately too-running around, not wanting to stay in one place.

Linda Clark said...

That is certainly a highlght of Easter that I remember, the new dresses and shoes. The girls look adorable and any picture of them is great.

Tamarynn Leigh said...

Sorry about the pictures problems, but your girls look SOOO beautiful! I love their Easter dresses and all three of them look so pretty!

Rob said...

It doesn't matter what the backdrop you have for your photos of your girls. They are so darling that I don't even notice the background! You do such a great job and all that really matters is that you capture the moments of your family. Your family is darling!

Paulene Davis said...

Flowers or not - they are truly beautiful girls. I love how you have captured their personalities. After today's weather, it might be a little bit longer before we have flowers.