Wednesday, March 12, 2008

If I may....

use this blog to toot my own horn for just a moment (well, and Shamae's for that matter!). Last night we met one of our many goals for this spring, we swam the mile non-stop from start to finish!! We both walked away with a great sense of accomplishment and pride on our faces!! Now our time was 35 min., so we have some improvement to do, but I feel very good about that. Then this morning I got up early (I know, shock!) and went for my run outside. Yes it was a little chilly and I had on a sweat shirt and mittens, but I haven't run outside in oh, 4 years or so, it felt very good, and I can't believe that I was able to do it sooo much faster than on my tread mill. For instance, I run 5 miles in 56 minutes on the tread, but outside today I just ran 4 1/2 in 45 minutes!! I actually ran the 3.1 (which is the 5K distance of the Tri ) in exactly 30 minutes! Now, I know that it isn't a fast time and again I have lots of room for improvement, but I feel as though I am doing great so far in my training with the Tri being just two months away (May 17 if any of you want to come and watch us!!!).

So there you go, thanks for reading this and know that I have typed it with a huge smile on my face- go me and Shamae!!!!

10 comments:

JJ said...

Wow! I'm extremely impressed and extremely jealous. I wish I were in such good shape. I'm trying but a long way off from you.

Congratulations!

Audrey said...

Toot away, pat yourself on the back, and send yourself a card! Congratulations. You are awesome!

Michelle said...

Way to go! That is fabulous. Outside is much better than inside. Thank goodness the weather is so nice.

You're doing great in your training and that will show in your competition!!!

Tamarynn Leigh said...

Way to go!!! That is so awesome about both swimming the mile and running! I agree with the running outside vs. treadmill thing. Good for you for getting up early and training...you and Shamae are going to do great!!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amber said...

Running in the early morning hours is one of my most favorite things to do! Congrats to the both of you! Keep it up!!

Paulene Davis said...

I have been out of the loop of blogs for the past week or so. Thanks for your great entries to catch me up. Congrats on your great progress for your marathon. Not only does it sound great on paper, but you are looking happy, healthy, and beautiful. Love the photo of you and Paul, Amber and Trace. Fun people and a fun night.

Linda Clark said...

I think it is fantastic that you toot your own horn...that way we get a chance to keep up with your great accomplishemnts...and what a fanfare it is! Good luck with your upcoming race, you are doing super.

Jennifer said...

Wow! Now, I know absolutely nothing about running, but, I 'm glad that you are proud of yourself. Good job to both you and Shamae!

daherfamily said...

i am so proud of you guys! i run really slow too. i'm sure more slow than you guys. come to think of it, i really haven't run except for maybe 4 times since the marathon last may. pretty bad on my part...