Friday, June 5, 2009

Attention all readers

I have just signed myself up for the Strawberry day's 5K and Abby for the half mile kids run! Saturday June 6th is the final day of early discount price registration so you had all better get your butts in gear and get yourselves signed up!!!! The race date just sneaked its way up on me, being two weeks away on June 20. This is a fun one steeped in Griffiths Family tradition! We will be several family members short due to baby arrivals and knee surgeries (I secretly wish I was one of the latter, no no, not the former) but it will be a good time and all you closet runners should come and join us (hint hint). Abby is so excited to run in her first race- I am happy she wants to join me in something that I love to do.

See you all at the starting line!!!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Bree, I have to know... did you create that running strawberry photo?

I love the new blog theme - all strawberries and summer!

Have a great race! I will be thinking of you as I sleep in on that Saturday morning. :)

Jill said...

Oh no, big conflict between the Cedar Hills 5k and fun run that Asher has run in the last 2 years is on the same morning!! What to do!

JJ said...

I'm so positive that you are not talking to me or Kelly that I'll just wish you luck sans the guilt!

Truthfully, I'd love to join you but I'm pretty sure I can't beat my last years' time so I don't see the point. I guess I just don't have that competitive drive (unless we're discussing soccer).

Bree D. said...

Jill, you had better have Asher run with Abby- she would LOVE that!!

Kelly said...

Sounds so fun especially the kiddie run. Do you run with her? I'm tempted to sign up but I'm so slow right now(not that I was ever super fast, just not this slow) I don't think my ego will let me;) Have a great time though!!

julie Gutke said...

what fun!!! hope you both have a great run!!

Amber said...

I am glad Abby is running! That will be so much fun for her! Next year i'll be at the starting line again. Good luck!!

shamae said...

I have all my kids signed up!! I will be running with Brooklyn, so I didn't bother to sign myself up. I hope more family comes *HINT