Saturday, May 30, 2009

Heaven Help Us!

What started out as a "We will just replace the vanity in our bathroom" day has taken a drastic turn-- I hope quickly for the better!!

After Paul got started demoing, he just couldn't be stopped, now my bathroom looks like this:
He was correct in wanting to keep going, the bathroom was crap and it was leaky, and uncleanable- no matter how hard I tried it never "sparkled". As expected the floor is rotted out and we will soon be down to floor joist- holy moly people this is a little unnerving to me!!! In contrast, Paul is elated and overjoyed with the project- he can't wait to fix all it's problems and make it 100 times better than before- who am I to object to that!

Michelle and Dave- I think we are now in need of your new found expertise!!!!

Paul promises me that it will be done quickly- I have no reason to doubt him, he hasn't let me down before, but still, a woman can worry right? I do love the dark stain vanity we purchased this morning and now I get to shop for tile, and paint, and accessories...

9 comments:

JJ said...

Please, please, please lend him out! I have so many projects that I'd like done and there isn't a soul in this house that knows how to do them.

I can't wait to see the finished product. How fun that you get to choose stuff.

Kelly said...

Wow! That looks like a big project, but I know it's going to look great, and you'll get your sparkly bathroom:) Can't wait for pictures. (hint, hint)

Anonymous said...

There are holes in the floor--is that rotten wood? Good thing Paul went all out. I can't wait to see the finished product. I'm pretty sure you'll beat us to the finish. Good luck

shamae said...

I'm not really anonymous--I just don't know how to do a proper comment apparently!

Michelle said...

Looking good so far. I found it disturbing to have the floor joists exposed as well. But, after he put the new (and improved) floor section in I was happy happy happy!

I'd love to loan Dave to you but he is up to his elbows in our own master bath demolition. :) At our house... never ending renovations. :D Send Paul over here when he's through.

Remodel is exciting!! Congrats!!

Brooke said...

I want a new master bath sooooo bad too. And I totally hear you on the bathroom never "sparkling." I think it might be our hard water. It's tempting just to start over, just like you guys. Post pics of your new bathroom (whenever it gets finished....).

The Blairs said...

I've been following your blog for awhile and never commented. I figured I finally should. That looks like quite the project, but I bet it will turn out great. I love the girls playroom too. Paul is pretty handy.

Audrey said...

It wouldn't be a Davis house if there wasn't a project going on! Wow! you guys sure know how to tackle it.

You are lucky your kids are out of school. We still have all this week and next, then it will be party time!!

I got your subtle hints about photos. :) I'll start emailing a few.

Amber said...

Paul will do a fabulous job! I can't wait to see the finished project. Have fun picking out all the colors and accessories. That is the funnest part!