Sunday, May 3, 2009

Follow through

After being chastised by my sister last night for "leaving her hanging" here are some of your much anticipated updates on our crazy lives.

First off- the playroom. It has been 99% completed for awhile, I just haven't gotten around to taking a picture so here you go:It still needs a door, the trim on the lighting and as you can see we have a remnant piece of carpet from my father that doesn't quite fit but it is padded and works great for the time being!! The girls LOVE it- they are in there all day everyday and the neighbor kids think it is pretty fun also.

Next the potty training- things have been going smashingly well!!! She hasn't had a single accident since that first day!! She is even telling her nursery leaders at church when she needs to go. She is officially day time trained- wearing her "panties" all day- even on outings and I don't even worry about her. I am so proud. Once again I underestimated my child's ability- she is far smarter and grown up than I gave her credit for. Also- who new that by achieving this goal her personality would explode!! She is so much more interactive, talkative, opinionated and creative than she was just a week ago- love my big grown up girl!!!

Lastly and most sadly I must inform you all that we had a passing away in our house. Many sad faces and tears have been spilt upon the discovery yesterday afternoon that our dear and beloved fishies have moved on to a better place. A place where their mother doesn't kill them after cleaning their bowl!!!You will be missed beloved Goldie, sweet Chocolate, and we could never forget our dear dear Helmet!! You will be remembered fondly for years to come!

And just so you know it took longer than three weeks to kill them, so, technically Paul was wrong!!! Although I am completely stunned they went this quickly!!!

9 comments:

Hillary Brown said...

thank you for the update! the room looks great! thanks again for talking so long last night, sorry i took you entire evening!

JJ said...

That photo of the girls with the dead fish is hilarious! I'm surprised that they "posed" for you instead of being beside themselves with grief.

The playroom looks divine. My girls would be so jealous. Way to go!

Jill said...

The playroom looks great! Asher will be sad as well when I break the news to him about the fish...maybe I'll just wait so Abby can do it tomorrow at school!

Hayley said...

The playroom for the girls is absolutely adorable. You guys did a great job. It looks like it was well worth all the extra work! Sorry about the family pets:(

Brooke said...

That playroom is amazing!!! That way surpassed any visions of it I had in my head. And it's all hidden! That is the coolest part. Great job you guys. And how awesome that Eva is trained. Rachel is just about there too. Hooray!!!

Kelly said...

I'm glad you posted pictures of the play room. It looks great.
Congrats on Eva's potty too. That is so nice. No more diapers for you!!:)

Amber said...

Those pouty lips are priceless. What a wonderful tribute you gave your beloved fish! I am sure they went to a better place... Thanks for the tip on the prune juice. Let's just say that I took some this morning and seven minutes later, I had success!! That stuff is powerful!

Linda Clark said...

Wow...those faces on your girls would grant them anything they wanted, right???? Sorry to hear about the fish...wish our beta would die, we've done everything we can to ignore the darn thing, but he must have some purpose in hanging on... Great play room!

Michelle said...

The playroom is darling!! You have the luckiest kids on the planet.

Congratulations - er, I mean, SO sorry about the dead fish. (hee hee hee) :)