Thursday, April 23, 2009

Potty Talk

For the third time I am cursing the potty!! We have begun my least favorite part of parenting, hands down, nothing compares to potty training (well I haven't experienced my three teenage daughters yet but...)!! I detest it, I can't hardly get up the stomach for it this time. I have to keep reminding myself that this is the last one, we can do it! And yet I am still hesitant. But a time had been set, my foot drawn in the sand- "After our spring break trip we are going to potty train Eva" I had said. OK, so I started yesterday, three days behind schedule, but the bribery has been purchasedthe chart has been made
and it has begun.
This is a look at my life for the next two weeks at least(cross my fingers and say a prayer!) It was nice that she started this happy!!It didn't last. Yesterday wasn't a disaster but it wasn't great. That girl is a camel!! We took the "diapies" away yesterday morning and sat on the potty every hour (each time crying for her diapies), she even held it all the way through the shopping trip- until 2:00pm in which we took a break for a late lunch- and she wet on the chair! We had a talk about it and she proceeded to hold it until I was occupied with making dinner, she peed on the floor. Again we talked about where it belongs. Positive side is that she HATED it all over her legs. Negative side, now she had to bathe and I had to mop the floor and wash wet clothes. Lucky for me she hasn't even tried the other end yet. Have I said how much I HATE this process!!

Today has been more of the sameOH WAIT, hold your hats- breaking news!!!! While typing this, Eva yelled at me saying she had wet. I jumped up and sprinted only to find her sitting on her potty and SUCCESS!!! By golly she did it!!!!Chocolates all around and stickers placed, hopefully this is a corner turned, although really, I know it's just the beginning... Yes I am a potty prisoner in my own home, we won't be out much for a while, my apologies to all the neighbors who have to watch her bare bum run around outside on occasion- we can't stay inside ALL day!!!

12 comments:

Amber said...

What a big girl!!! I guess I should inform you that the 3.5 year old that I nanny for STILL isn't potty trained! His parents have been "trying" since before Christmas and he continues to pee his pants every single day. The worst part about it is that he doesn't mind his wet legs... and the ultimate worse thing about it is that he is totally fine with a log in his underware and poop down his legs!! The kid takes at least three baths a day! I finally put him in diapers because he just doesn't get it- he is too lazy and I should have to deal with scraping poop off his leg!! I tell you this only to make you feel better about potty-training Eva! If she does it in any easier way on you than this kid does on me, you've got a great pottier! She looks adorable.

julie Gutke said...

love it!!!!! bless she is just such a cutie!!!! potty training sure isnt fun ..... but it will all be over soon!!! good luck!!!!!

Jennifer said...

I love your clever way of describing every day things! I laughed my head off during this post; it's so desciptive of a process that we ALL hate! Good luck, and congrats that Eva got the hang of it by the end of your post! Hopefully she'll keep up the good work.

And sorry I didn't stop to chat for a while when I saw you on good old Cherry Hill Drive the other day--I had an appointment to get our van checked out at 1:00. Turns out we need a new transmission! Dang!

JJ said...

You remind me why I'm not looking forward to my duties in another year or so. Plus, I have no idea what to do with a boy.

She looks so darling. Not sure I could be very disciplinary with that one. And yet, I look at her and see both of your other girls. Do all their baby photos look alike?

Brooke said...

I am SO with you, Bree. Hands down--my least favorite part of parenting thus far--and I've only done one kid so far. Working on Rachel currently. Wish me luck and I'll wish you some too--maybe we'll be done with this sooner than we think. :)

Sarah F. said...

So funny! I love that Bree. Ugh...I am so dreading potty training a boy. I hope they are tons easier. I just love her facial expressions! Priceless.

Michelle said...

Priceless pictures! What an adorable face! Best wishes.

TJoad said...

OK, you've inspired me. It's time to get Lucie going! Luck to both of us!

Julie Wise

Bethany said...

Oh man, you are not making me excited for my future! I love the little board books next to the potty. That is so awesome that she did it! Hopefully she will continue with few accidents. Good luck!

Linda Clark said...

Keep positive about the potty training, it will come. Lots of great family time with spring break and Easter. Great pics of your family, loved catching up.

Audrey said...

You are my hero! Is Carter too young to fly alone so you can train him and send him back? Can't wait to see you next week!

Anonymous said...

Shut the door mom she and I need some privacy! My big dick needs to introduce to her pretty lil pussy. Gotta get laid mom and she wants to fuck a stranger!