Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Holiday weekend

We have been up to some fun things this last weekend- I thought I would share, since I just now downloaded the pics!

Saturday morning we decided to brave the rain and go to the city egg hunt, it was just at the park by our house, so why not! Liv was very excited to participate, Eva had no clue what was going on and Abby took off with a friend and we didn't see her till it was all over, but she was elated with her loot!! I haven't ever done a city hunt before, it was CRAZY and over in about 30 seconds, but good fun.

That evening my niece Tia came over and babysat for us while Paul and I had a date night out- we went to dinner and a movie. A week or so ago we decided that with all the working Paul has been doing that we NEED to do this at least once a month to help us reconnect somewhat. I can't think of a better use of our money than that right now, and we had a great time together. Thanks Tia for your willingness to watch the girls!!

Easter morning was filled with the usual fun of seeing what the Easter Bunny brought. I love these funny sleepyheads!!Then we tried to quickly get dressed in our Easter attire and make it to church, only 15 min. late this year!!! We ended up combining our Primary class with Abby's so we had 13 kids to teach, but it went very well and the kids were great, which was wonderful while we talked about Christ and the Resurrection.

I think that our girls looked great in their dresses this year, we haven't ever done a green and blue scheme before and I really liked it!!Abby took this picture of Paul and I, it turned out pretty good!!

That afternoon we went up to the Davis' for some egg coloring, egg hunt and of course wonderful food and company. The hit of the day for the girls was finding out that the eggs in the hunt had money in them- Grandma Davis is pretty awesome they think!!!! Here are the cousins all playing together, fun times.
This week is Spring Break so yesterday we met some friends over at the Thanksgiving Point Farm and spent the afternoon feeding the animals, having a picnic and of course riding the ponies- well everyone but poor Eva. She was so excited to ride them for the first time until she sat in the saddle and that pony moved!! It was all over after that, but I was proud of her for trying. Liv rode all by herself and Abby got the "Tall Pony" and was overjoyed. As we were leaving they were very happy to spend their Easter money on a toy from the gift shop, so thanks Grandma!!

After that I went out for a bike ride with my sister Shamae, thank goodness it is Spring Break and her kids could watch mine while we went! We would be out again today but it is pouring rain outside and I hope it clears before we leave south for the weekend- everyone cross your fingers for us!!
Hope you all had a great holiday as well.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Lots of fun! I love your green/blue color scheme for Easter this year--Abby did a great job taking a picture of you and Paul! How fun to see the ponies; my kids will be so jealous! I should take them, too! I'm glad you guys had a good Spring Break!

Jill said...

The color scheme is a good idea, and makes great pictures! We were going to hit the ponies as well the other day but chickened out with the weather and went to the Dinosaur museum! I love having Thx Pt so close. We are excited for this weekend, and yes I am hoping for some better weather too...who knows if we'll get it, but it will be lots of fun none the less! I'll call you tomorrow!

Sarah F. said...

Such cute pics of your kids! Lauren always wants the biggest pony at Farm Country too, she will wait for another turn just to get the tall one!

Brooke said...

Fun weekend! I love the green and blue. Last year we did yellow and blue dresses for the girls and I loved it.

Amber said...

I also love the blue and green colors together. The girls look adorable in their dresses and I love Paul's tie! You all look fantastic! From the looks of your girls' easter baskets, it seems that the easter bunny left me quite a few similar things... hmmm... imagine that!

Audrey said...

Oh little girl Easter dresses are the best! Your girls are just darling. Eva's face on that horse is priceless, and I can't believe how much she changes everytime you post pics. Glad you had a great Easter & spring break.

Randy said...

Oh, the girls are so stinkin' cute!! I especially love the pic of Eva with her basket Easter morning. She has grown so much. I also love the pic Abby took of you and Paul. You guys look good. One day--maybe today--we'll post our easter pics too.

Love you
Meg