Monday, March 2, 2009

Project Playroom

We have been keeping ourselves pretty busy around here lately. Paul has been plugging away in building the playroom and making some great progress!
After putting in the lights
The next weekend we rented a jackhammer and began breaking up the 12 inches of concrete that covered the majority of the floor.Paul worked so hard doing that very labor intensive work while I filled up buckets with the large chunks and my Dad hauled them out to the wheelbarrow and then took it over to the empty field behind our house and dumped it. After completing that task we had several inches of clay that had to be removed. Four hours later we had pretty much worked my poor father do death and I am so proud of both Paul and him for all the work they did that day. It was tiring but so worth it!

After my Dad left we went and picked up the pressure treated lumber and Paul started building the floor frame.Once this was done we filled in all the empty space back up with the gravel to help with strength and drainage.

This last weekend the rest of the lumber was purchased and Paul did another steller job of laying the sub floor and building the walls.Don't they look great!!!

Next up, this week will be filled with putting in the heating/air conditioning vent, wall plugs, and then Saturday we drywall- it is all very exciting and it is coming together very quickly.

Seriously, Paul is the best!!!

5 comments:

JJ said...

Wow! That is impressive. Let me know when you're all done and I'll just drop my kids off :-)

Can't wait to see the finished product. Seems like everyone is doing some sort of home improvement project (except us...).

Sarah F. said...

That looks amazing. It is coming together fast. What a great project to do for you kids.

Tina DeWitt said...

I figured this would be one of those six month projects (mainly because it sure would have been at my house!!). I can't believe how much has been done already. Tell Paul I am truly impressed and it looks amazing already.

williams family said...

Very impressive, but in all honesty, I would expect nothing less from Paul and your dad. It's funny because we were looking out our window a couple weeks ago, you know, being nosey neighbors, and I noticed that part of your fence was down and then I noticed that it was back up (the next day I think). We were trying to figure out what you were doing, and we did think maybe you were dumping stuff back there. Funny that you actually were!

Amber said...

It looks so great! I can't believe that Paul knows how to do all that! He seriously can fix or finish anything. You are so lucky! I can't wait to see how it turns out. The girls will love it! I had so much fun on Saturday at the Park! Thanks for letting me come with you guys.. and thanks for helping me get my book finished. I can't wait to see how it turns out.