Monday, February 23, 2009

O-L-I-V-I-A-A-A-A

Today is her day, she has waited and waited and waited for it to finally be her day!! She celebrated in her Preschool class this morning and Abby and I decorated the house to surprise her when she got home! She is grinning from ear to ear and I am so glad that we finally get to celebrate all that she means to us and how happy we are that she is part of our family!

Things we Love about Olivia:

-That she now knows how to spell and write O-l-i-v-i-a all by herself
-Because she now knows how it is spelled she will only go by her full name (although she will always be my sweet Liv)
-She LOVE to pick out her clothes and make sure it all matches
-She loves to have her hair done, even though all she gets to pick right now is a "Clip" for her short hair
-She sings ALL the time
-She talks with a lisp, she can't pronounce a "G" or "CK" sound, and really it is very cute
-Her favorite show on TV is the new OLIVIA on Nick (from the books we also love, naturally!)
-She is independent- always has been
-She loves her baby doll's, there are several, and they are all named Ali-When Lily comes over and I am putting her down for a nap by bouncing her, she wraps up her doll and walks around behind me, then lays her down in the dolly bed
-She has the biggest brownest eyes that are so expressive-When she is sad she puckers out her lower lip and drops the biggest crocodile tears you have ever seen
-She is a pack rat, always creating piles of things that "go together" and stashing them around the house
-Her favorite meal right now is a grilled cheese sandwich with bean and bacon soup
-She got a new 2wheeler bike with training wheels for her birthday and wouldn't take a nap until she had ridden it around the loop like Abby
-She will do ANYTHING for chocolate!
We love you Olivia and I hope this day is all you have imagined for months that it would be!!

11 comments:

JJ said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Olivia! I can't believe that you are 4! Where does the time go? Have a great and wonderful and sparkly day!

Michelle said...

What cute pics. I just don't think there is a more adorable child than Livy!

I love the way she talks. You really must record her speaking because it is so sweet! What a cutie!! Hope she had a great day.

Tamarynn Leigh said...

Happy Birthday Olivia! Such a cutie..she is absolutely beautiful and sounds like such a joy!!!

Amber said...

I am so happy that her day finally came! She looks so grown up in those pictures. I am so glad that I got to talk to her yesterday. It made my day! Tell her I love her!

Linda Clark said...

Beautiful pictures of your Liv...and wonderful things about her, it is nice to keep connected with all you guys and gals from the Davis family.

Jennifer said...

It was so fun to come down for Liv's birthday--the kids were all so excited! I loved reading each of these special things about her--she really is a cute little thing. I love her little voice, too. I'll never forget her singing at the Grandkid sleepover last fall--she really does have the cutest little voice! I love your photo session with her--she looks so good in red!

Jill said...

I love her lisp as well, Happy Birthday to her, it was fun to come over and spend time with her!

Tina DeWitt said...

Those pictures are darling! I see a lot of Abby in that second one - I've never really noticed before. You have such beautiful girls.

Jessica said...

She sure has grown up into a pretty little girl! I have always enjoyed Liv's unique personality. I'm glad she had a wonderful birthday. She deserves it!

Audrey said...

Oh her face just explodes with her personality! She is just darling. When can we get our girls together again?

williams family said...

Too cute! She is such a fun girl, I feel like I haven't seen her forever since I got realeased from nursery and then all the cold weather. I think her and Kate have a lot in common - I feel like our house can't ever be completely clean because she has things hidden everywhere and a reason why they are there and can't be put away.