Friday, February 6, 2009

Update on Death, and CRAFTS!

Just so you all know, and can stop worrying about me, (as I know you all have been!), I am feeling much much better now. Last week was a doosie and I was heard many times telling Paul that I really did think I would in fact die from this long tortuous death that is an upper respiratory infection! But after several days of the meds not working it was switched up to a much more potent variety and miracle of all miracles not 24 hours later I was doing much better and have been ever since. Because of this amazing recovery from the depths of hell my weekend getaway with Paul for our Anniversary is not canceled and with the generous help from my wonderful parents for taking the girls we will have a whole weekend KID FREE and I can't tell you how happy this makes me!!!!!

Before I leave I thought I would let you in on a fun little find that Paul gave me as part of my Anniversary gift. Last week we were watching my favorite "Whatever Martha!" and they were mocking an episode about embellishing little girls jeans with gems and ribbons and lace and I said to my sweet husband "I really REALLY think that is cute and Abby would like to make those jeans!" So wouldn't you know, he found himself wondering around a local craft store looking for some gems that we could affix to little girl jeans in what would be a wonder of a crafty afternoon (how I would have loved to have seen him roaming those iles completely lost and out of his element, he does love me doesn't he!) and he came upon this fun little contraption: the KaJinkerHoly Crap I can't wait to make these fun things, BUT, I had a brain storm that it would be perfect for card making, and I just so happen to have been invited into a very elite card swapping group that meets quarterly and it was converging last night!!! So I put together this card to give out and I had a blast KaJinkering those cute buttons and plastic flowers to that fabulously glittered paper, after stitching the stems of course!!! My card paled in the face of those other ladies, I will have to step my game up next time, I just went pretty neutral with it being my first time and all!! But it was really fun to make with the Ka-Jinker (ok, so I just like saying that name, Ka-Jinker!!!)

I will post up the jeans and flip flops next week after I return from my weekend getaway!! Have a good one- I know I will!!!!!

10 comments:

Audrey said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better. This Ka-Jinker thing sounds soooo cool. If I send you some of my girls' jeans.....???? Have a great anniversary getaway.

Kelly said...

Have a great weekend, it sounds wonderful! So, glad you are finally feeling better, that was a long time to feel crappy!
Love the bead thing. Maybe I'll make Zack some. ha, ha.

Paulene Davis said...

I hope that you have a wonderful weekend get away. I have always watched with joy the way you and Paul love each other. Can't wait to see the jeweled jeans. I might add my name to the list for a fancy pair of flip flops.

Amber said...

I love this new find of Paul's! And I love even more that he went into a craft store at his own free will!! My mom took me out shopping for my birthday to buy me some crafts to make for the new babe. The only problem was that all the baby crafts I have ever made have been for girls, so I kind of am stuck on the craft idea. Let me know if you know of anything fun I could make!

Bethany said...

You seriously never cease to amaze me with your creativity. Happy anniversary! I'm sorry you were sick. We've had that stupid cough at our house too. Where did you go for your get away? I can't wait to see more of what the ka-jinker has to offer!

Tina DeWitt said...

I am, of course, so jealous of your kid free weekend! But I am happy to hear that your sinus infection didn't ruin it - that would have been truly awful. I love the word Ka-Jinker as well and think it is so fun to see what I have to look forward to.

Michelle said...

Ha ha. I'm kinda laughing at the Ka-Jinker...reminds me of the Seinfeld where they keep saying, Co-stan-za. Anyway...
Hope your anniversary weekend was wonderful without your little ladies around. (the girls) I'm sure it is nice to get away.
Your card is awesome. I don't doubt that you made the best card there. :) I've always loved the cards you've given me.
Pat Paul on the back for being such a great gift-giver. He is so thoughtful.

Tamarynn Leigh said...

I must might have to copy Paul and pick up a Ka-jinker for myself. My girls would love jeans and flip-flops like those!! I am very impressed with your "crafty" hubbie!

Jill said...

I too am quite impressed with Paul. What a nice guy to remember you saying you would like it and sneak off to the craft store to get one!

Jennifer said...

Your card paled in comparison? Yikes, good thing I will never join one of those groups! I'd be kicked out, for sure!

I can't wanit to see the jeans you guys make--Paul, way to go! You're the greatest for getting that!