Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The goings on

Life just keeps going and going doesn't it?

We had a good Valentines day, made even better because I had forgotten that the elementary school in our neighborhood was having a fund raiser back in January selling holiday cookie kits. I had purchased one and then completely forgotten- what a pleasant surprise to have it delivered to our door and we had a great afternoon activity without all the work, we just assembled them!
Now, how about an update on us all!

Abby is doing very well in school, she is really picking up the reading and enjoying it, I am very proud! She had a great Valentines day party on Thursday in her class because they had no school on Friday as well as Monday- so yes I am ready to send her back today, that was a long time of being cooped up in winter weather!! She lost another tooth last night and I am really beginning to think that she will no longer be able to chew her food, we may have to go to an all liquid diet for her! Although she has taken to telling me every night at dinner "Mom, this dinner is SOOOO delicious!" I really appreciate the praise because usually she is the only one that thinks so!!!

Liv is loving her preschool- she comes home everyday telling me "guess what I made today" and then launches into the song they learned during singing time. A few weeks ago she began singing "The sun will come out tomorrow" and I realized that she had never seen the movie Annie, so we checked it out at the library and now she walks around singing about what a hard knocked life she has in an orphanage!! She can hardly wait for it to finally be her birthday next week and asks me about every other minute if it is her day yet! She still spends every waking minute in some type of dress-up outfit, we go to the store in them, we go to the library in them, and she changes them about every other minute as well!!

Eva is turning into such a clown! All she wants to do is make everyone laugh and think she is funny. She had developed a little silly run in which she kicks her feet out in front of her and kind of shuffle hops in and out of the room while pulling a funny face- she must get this behavior from the Davis side!!!! She has taken to only eating about one meal a day- and that would be breakfast because all she wants is "chocolate balls" (Reece's peanut butter cereal!). Then at lunch she pushes the plate away and says "I NOT want it" and at dinner she pushes the plate away and says "I NOT want it". Can a child live on "chocolate balls" alone? I guess she is out to prove one can!!!

As for Paul and I, after our lovely weekend getaway last week, this weekend we have embarked on project playroom!! Yes the one we have been talking about doing for nearly two years. I am very excited. Paul wired in some new lighting and we were off on our digging adventure to remove all the gravel and level the floor to start the framing- except a home project wouldn't be a home project with out hitting an unforeseen snag right! Yes, the builders pretty much decided that this part of the crawl space was the perfect place to dump the unused concrete in several blobs!! So project halted until the weekend when we begin the adventure of jacking out the concrete- now that should be fun!!! Paul did look at me shovel in hand, dust mask on his face and said "you know, I feel like your Grandpa Griffiths right now!" HA HA HA!! For those of you who don't know, he dug out his own basement to add on to his house. I just grinned at him and said "yes, and if my 80 year old grandpa can do it, we can do it!!"

10 comments:

Rob said...

Hey Bree:) We want to start that same "underground" project! maybe we could just build some tunnels for our kids to go back and for to each others houses, and then back down to The Williams:) Here is a random question, but are you related to Dan and Cathy Davis? just wonderin:) Thanks neighbor! Robyn

Audrey said...

Don't you just love girls that come home from school and tell you all their details of the day? re-sing their songs? & read to you? Never a quiet moment. Your girls are just darling! & cute cookies too. Cool pic of Paul digging out the crawl space. I fully expected to see some ka-jinker sparkles on his belt loops though!

Jennifer said...

Cute little nieces I have. I love those little angels! Laurynn has also been losing more and more teeth, and she hasn't grown any to replace them, yet! Maybe she and Abby can be on their "liquid diet" together. And Eva, that cereal is one of my favorites, so yes, I would say that you CAN live on "chocolate balls" alone. You know my theory about chocolate being a vegetable, so it's all good. Liv, you'll have to sing the songs from "Annie" for me; that's always been one of my favorite movies, and I love your sweet little voice!

Sorry about the snag with the crawl space. I can't wait to see how it turns out for the playroom, though. You guys are so creative and talented in turning houses into so much more. Well, you and Cory and Jill! Good luck!

Linda Clark said...

Nice to catch up again on your blogs and see the darling picttures of your girls. They have such happy faces and beautiful smiles.

Amber said...

So I have to tell you about my experience reading your post... I read it yesterday during lunch when I went to Trace's office. He was really excited about showing the pictures of your girls to me and made me read and look at them one at a time. When we got down to Eva and he revealed her picture with that wide, cheesy valentine grin, I laughed so hard that my eyes started to water and I had to grab a tissue. I think Trace did as well. It took me until today to comment because everytime I look at it, I just can't stop laughing. She cracks me up... that face is irreplacable! I can't believe that she isn't eating anything. She used to eat everything you put in front of her, just about. I hope things are going well for you guys. We sure do miss you lots and lots!

Michelle said...

OK, I am totally amazed that your grandpa dug DOWN after his house was built to add on to the house. WOW! Before that story I thought Paul was the most skilled handyman.

The photos are delightful. As you can guess, I loved the sweet tilt of Liv's head in her photo. And the way that only two of her fingers are holding onto the cookie.... the other girls use their whole hand and Liv uses a couple fingers. :)

Ask Paul when he wants to go back to Settebello?? We need another dominos night. :D

Jill said...

Yes those pictures are all so adorable! And now that I know your girls better, I understand the personality behind the picture and I can laugh cause they are so dang cute and bounding with personality! We love having them over every week!

JJ said...

Happy Valentine's Day one and all...Paul's going to get a cramp.

williams family said...

Oh, I'm excited to see the finished project! I'm sure Paul can do it - he can do everything! I'll have to hear how smoothly it goes to see if I can get Sean to do ours!

Tina DeWitt said...

Those cookie faces are so darling! And that is some serious basement ambition - WOW! I can't wait to see how it turns out. Good luck with the cement hauling!