Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring is here, Spring is here

I started out this morning by getting up and going for my run outside, the first time of the season for me, and it was GLORIOUS! The air was crisp, but not too cold, the sky was clear and I kept passing my neighbor on her bike as I ran the loop up and around the Discovery park, and we would motivate each other to keep going! It felt so good to be out and off that treadmill. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my treadmill but I can run sooo much faster and I swear I don't sweat as much outside!!

After Liv rode her bike to and from school for the first time(yeah, she was pretty excited to show all the kids her new wheels) us girls decided that since the day was a spectacular First Day of Spring, and Abby was out of school, we would pack up our lunch and head over to the park and have a picnic and then some playing before naps. Can I say again that the spring bug has bitten, I try not to get too excited because I do live in Utah, the only place in the world where you use your heater and air conditioning on the same day, but truly we had a wonderful time and I am loving the sunshine we have had all week.(Yes, Liv chose to ride her Scoot bike here because she is still timid going down the hills on her new bike)

On another note, I have been working on an ABC's book for Eva to take to church and I am very proud of how they turned out. All the pictures are things that she loves and I used the templates and kits from "The Digi files #2" and some doodle frames from Scrap Orchard to make it. Here are a couple of those pages which will be printed out in an 8X8 format:

Also my beautiful wallpaper was delivered this week, so tomorrow we will be setting off on that adventure. I haven't ever hung wallpaper- OK, I helped my mom once back in the day, but did I REALLY help, of course not! If you have any pointers let us know and I will post picks of the finished playroom as soon as possible.

Have a great sunshinny weekend!! Spring is here, which only means Summer isn't that far behind!

6 comments:

amberdat said...

I am so jealous you went running outside. I have never wanted to run more in my life than I have this past week! I see so many people outside in the warm sunshine running and it just makes me so excited for when I can do that too in a few short months!! I can't believe Liv rode her scoot bike to the park!! She did so good that time we took her. The girls look so cute in their spring clothes. Tell them hi from me!

Jennifer said...

Oh yes, spring is here, and I love it! It's my favorite time of year with all of the bulbs peeking out from the dirt and the warm sunshine on our backs! I love your ABC book--I especially like how you have a little arrow pointing to the letter on the side--that's so cute! We need to come down to play at the Discovery Park with you guys again sometime; it was so fun last summer! Congrats Liv for riding your bike to school--you are getting so grown up!

Michelle said...

The 8x8 book is fabulous! I do love how you put things on the page. Cute pics to go with the letters too! You are just so creative. ;)

I wish i lived next door so that I could go with you guys to the park. You have adorable girls!!

Linda Clark said...

We were grateful for the spring weather in Idaho Falls for Chad's wedding and like Utah, it snowed on the way home Sunday and the wind blew like crazy in Jerome all the next day! Beautiful pages of your darling girls and good luck with the wallpapering...you have LOTS of help.

Audrey said...

Way cute alpha book! I love the bright colors. Glad to hear about the wallpaper. Can't wait to see more playroom photos.

JJ said...

You definitely wrote this post too early. In fact, I'll hold you personally responsible (thanks to Murphy's Law) of bringing Winter back.

The pages are adorable.