Monday, August 4, 2008

Library Park Day

Every week we head over to the Lehi Library for story time. They have a wonderful program there and the girls just love all the music, singing, games, crafts and of course the stories! Well, to end each session they put on a party that goes with the theme they had been learning about. We have never been able to make one before because it was usually on a different day when we had other things going on, but this time we were wide open and needing something to do. Of course when they announced that they were going to have a giant slide and caterpillar course as well as a Magician coming to put on a Magic show there was NO WAY Abby wasn't going to make sure we were there!!!! It turned out to be really fun, crowded, but fun. Abby's dear friend Emily and her mom met us there, and we ran into our old neighbor Ty as well as my cute Sister-in-Law Megan and her family. Here are a few pictures of our fun day- and yes that slide terrified poor little Liv, but Eva kept begging to do it again and again!We had a picnic lunch with everyone and they gave out Popsicles and book marks to all the kids. Next time the Library puts on a party I may just have to juggle my schedule and go!

This weekend Paul went to see the Batman movie (again, with out me!) with my brother. And while I was upset not to be seeing the show (again!), it did provide me with lots of time to scrapbook, which I haven't done since April. So, here are a few of my completed pages for Abby's book, and I have officially fallen back into the addiction! So while everyone else in the country is reading the new "Breaking Dawn" book I will be creating lasting memories!!! HA HA, just joking everyone!!!!
Have a good one!!

10 comments:

Jill said...

My eyes hurt from reading BD, so I thought I would take a break and catch up on the blogs! Your pages are fab. as usual!
Cory said Batman was pretty crazy, and yes I was a little jealous I didn't get to go as well, but I think I'm ok with it now, from what he has told me about the movie!
We need to get our kids together...of course after I'm done with Breaking Dawn, which most likely will be around midnight tonight!!!!

Hillary Brown said...

bree you are too funny! i feel for you because i have even seen batman.... and loved it! i don't have my breaking dawn book yet :( i will get it sometime this week (i ordered it online because it was cheaper). i also just finished stephanie meyer's other book the host and it was pretty much amazing. you need to get reading! fun pages though!

Audrey said...

I am not reading Breaking Dawn OR scrapbooking! so I just loved seeing your pages. Like waving a lollipop in front of a baby - killing me! I love all the colors that you use and that each page is so different. oh and the library is great too, but your pages satisfied my creative itch for the day. Thanks!

Amber said...

I love seeing the new pages. I haven't scrapbooked any since April either. Hopefully when things calm down in a few weeks I can start up my addiction again as well! As for the New BD book, let's just say that my little sister Camille was running around the house trying to scrape up 20 dollars to go buy the book at midnight. I haven't talked myself into finding time to read it yet. Maybe I will in a few weeks too! The slide looks so fun! I'm glad you guys had a great time!

Linda's Legacy said...

I haven't seen the new Batman movie, either, but I am actually reading Breaking Dawn...and I don't scrap book, just blog, that's why I love looking at your pictures. You satisfy any craving I might have with your very creative pages!

JJ said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun. If I had only known that the library did that kind of stuff I would have had my kids signed up, too. I love the scrapbook pages but hate you for having the time to do them. It's been a while for me...:-(

Michelle said...

Although I'm not addicted to the Twilight series I will read that last book to see how it ends. I have to wait until it comes to Audible though!

Your pages are fabulous, as usual. Did Hayley tell you about London? I was so jealous that she got to live there for a while. That sounds perfect to me, I don't want to live there long term - just long enough to see a bunch of stuff and come home.

Thanks for posting that slide photo. ;) The look on Liv's face is unforgettable.

Kelly said...

Don't you love having kids so you have an excuse to go down slides!
You should plan a girls night and go see the movie it is SO, SO good!!

Paulene Davis said...

It looks like you were having a great time going down the slide as well as the girls. Good for you. Sorry about the movies, however, your pages are wonderful as usual. I love the transparent stars and of course especially love the faces of all of the people on the pages.

Jennifer said...

What a fun Library! I wish ours did something like that! That's awesome! I love the page of Abby in her suit and googles with the word "summer" out of the actual photo! That's so creative and fun!