Monday, August 18, 2008

No sleep and weddings and goodbyes OH MY!!

We all know that I lead a pretty boring and uneventful life! That is completely OK with me! I like doing things on my own schedule and not feeling pressure to be here, or go there. Of course I only started feeling this way after I started being a stay at home mom and realized that it was the perfect life for me! So when I looked at the schedule this week and saw that it was completely jam packed with places to be and things to do I kind of started to panic!!! Just for a moment though! This last week was really very fun and enjoyable, but tiring and I am glad to say that I was able to finally get some of my usual sleep this morning (after going to bed at 3:00am) by sleeping in until 10:00am (no I am not that horrible of a mother, Paul was able to do some work this morning from home and very nicely got up and shut the door as to let me sleep while he took care of the girls, best thing he could ever have done for me!!!). Then we took a leisurely morning out in the wonderfully pleasant air having a baby doll tea party and riding bikes! Really, this is the life for me!
However, it is starting to set in that I only have one more week of this and then my life changes forever as Abby has her first day of Kindergarten next Monday and Liv starts Preschool after Labor day!!! Naturally, I have decided that this week will be lazy week (I know, not much different than other weeks!) and we will enjoy all the dressing up, picnics, library days, park play and backyard swimming pools that we can fit in!!!
Of course one of the major events of last week was my brother Trace's wedding to Amber on Friday! It was such a beautiful day and she looked absolutely amazing! I really do love weddings and it was even more great to witness my baby brother marry his sweetheart in the temple with all their family there! I was reaffirmed the knowledge that being sealed together for all eternity is such a wonderful thing. That only by loving each other, working together, and putting OUR relationship first in our lives we can reach perfection and exaltation together. Marriage is a partnership, designed to bring out the best in both, to pick up what the other can't and to help lift and motivate each other. What a wonderful thing! It was so great to see Amber and Trace take this first step together on that road!
Here are some pic's of the girls at the temple, don't they all look so cute! (I didn't get a picture of the boys with their matching tie's, but I am sure it was just as cute!)
The reception was at the Sun River Gardens and it was so beautiful with all the flowers, greenery, and fountains! I was able to get the traditional picture of my sister's and I together! Hillary lives in Missouri and we haven't been together since Christmas and I just love and miss her! It was great to sit and visit and catch up and just be together!Liv wanted this picture taken more than anything- right after it was snapped she said "Print it so I can put it on my Maget board!" (of course that is Liv talk for Magnet board!)This is the picture that I love! So cute!
Congratulations you two!!!
Saturday we had a going away party for my other brother Randy and his wife Megan. They left yesterday on a LONG drive east to Iowa with their moving truck and two little girls in tow! He will be pursuing his PHD in Statistics at Iowa State and they will be gone for 5 years!! We are so sad to see them go, but very excited for them in this new life they are just starting. Last night my parents brought over Ann and Ruby to play while their parents rested up for the drive. We had farewell ice cream cones and played outside for hours!Good Luck guys!! We will miss you terribly!!!!

11 comments:

JJ said...

Beautiful wedding, beautiful little flower girls and don't you look dang hot! Way to go girl! That is a great shot of you. You should be proud that all your hard work has paid off. And you look great in that color!

Jill said...

Way cute pictures! It was fun to be with all the family over the weekend. You did a great job with the girls dresses!

Jennifer said...

The pictures you took turned out beautifully, of course. I haven't put mine on the computer yet, but I'll be sure to e-mail you all the pics of you and your family once I get around to that! The girls all look so cute with ice cream faces. We'll sure miss Randy, Megan, and their sweet girls. It was great to see so much of you guys the past few days!

daherfamily said...

they are such a cute couple and seem so happy. it would have been fun to get to be there for the big day. everything looks beautiful!

Audrey said...

OHHH I too love weddings. The girls all look so darling in their matching color dresses. (& I love your necklace!) Amber chose great colors. Congrats to them! They are a cute couple. I can't believe our girls start kindergarten next week!

Tamarynn Leigh said...

The wedding looks beautiful. I especially love all the little flower girls in their GORGEOUS dresses! Good luck with Abby's first day of school!

Michelle said...

Wow! Your baby brother is married. It made me feel kinda old when my brother got married. But I know that 30 isn't old!

The girls look adorable! I think Liv is a sweetie.

The wedding looked beautiful.

Hillary Brown said...

What a fun weekend! it was so fun to see you! i guess shamae didn't get the dye-your-hair-dark memo! haha. miss you already...

Linda Clark said...

Lazy days of summer are about over, aren't they. Beautiful wedding, beautiful little girls. The dresses you did are fabulous, they look like they could come right out of a fashion magazine.

Paulene Davis said...

I have been waiting to see these pictures of the wedding. Amber is a beautiful bride. The girls dresses turned out perfect for the day. And so did your outfit - you look fabulous. I love the photo of all the little girls in their rich colors sitting with Amber. The contrast in colors is stunning. The girls holding the bride's train is my next favorite. Abby will remember that for a long time.

Trent and Carlie & Co. said...

Your girls are so beautiful, Bree!! Their dresses were perfect!