Monday, August 11, 2008

Playlist

My workout has been rejuvenated! Taking a nudge from Jerianne's post a while back when she listed her running play list I decided that having only two albums on my player for the last two years has become somewhat lack luster and tiresome!!! So last night, at midnight, I decided to have Paul help me (I am so technologically stunted) load in some new songs for my morning run. Well of course we got all caught up in new songs we love, old songs we love, memories... so I finally got myself to bed a little after 1:00am which of course led me to set my alarm for 6:50am, but not turn it on, and slept in until 8:30am!!!! I do this all the time, and it is also starting to get old! So I had to dust off my treadmill that I haven't used in four months thanks to the wonderful weather outside that I have loved taking advantage of! I wasn't all that excited about this change of plans but with the new songs, I found myself almost dancing on the tread and the time just flew by, in fact I had to run 5 and 1/2 miles just to finish listening!! So here are my new songs and why I love them- my brother Cory, sister Hillary, and brother-in-law Will, all have my same taste in music and I think they will agree that it is a good one!!!

1. Metro station- Shake it. Fabulous to warm up to, I love it because every time Liv hears it she immediately stops what she is doing and begins doing a butt shake dance!!
2. Collective Soul- Heavy. This song is great because it reminds me of Paul who LOVED these guys when we first started dating.
3. Guster- FaFaFa. Such a catchy song! Loved it the moment I heard it driving around with Paul and Will one night after a movie in 1999.(Last album I actually went to a store and purchased, knowing Paul will do that to you!)
4. Hoobastank- Crawling in the dark. Perfect for when I kicked it up a notch to my fastest speed!
5. Kylie Minogue- Outta my head. Perfect running beat, but it reminds me of Abby. While still in my tummy, she would kick to the beat every time this came on the radio during my commute to and from work!
6. New Radicals- Just can't get enough. First song on the first "Mix Disc" Paul gave me while dating- it is a great one that reminds me of a fun time in my life!
7. Vertical Horizon- Everything you want. We saw these guys in concert and LOVED them, and then they just disappeared, really good album. Actually it reminds me of Hillary because I had her listen to the album and she started really liking them too!
8. Incubis-Dig. Just a perfect running beat, love it!
9. Rhianna and Maroon5- If I never see your face again. My current favorite song!! Whenever this song come on the radio my entire car starts rockin and all five of us are car dancing with hand and arm movements!!! So if you see us you will know why!!!! I had to listen to it twice!
10. 3 Doors down- It's not my time. I had no idea these guys sang this song but I have been really liking it lately!
11. Pearl Jam- Evenflow. The best song ever made from the best album ever produced "10"!!! Who is with me? My actual favorite song by Eddie is "Yellowledbetter" but it is too slow for running, maybe I should put it at the end for sit ups and stretching... Takes me back to high school driving around with Tina, Rachel and Kerrie in the Chevy Sprint Hatchback on our way to the club to go dancing, good good times!
12. Kylie Minogue- Fever. Perfect up beat song for the cool down. Makes me want to start dancing, did I ever tell you that Paul and I met on the dance floor, we can cut a groove!!!

So that is it- find them, listen to them and get inspired!!!! During my run today I was thinking about how these song remind me of all the people that I care about and it really helped me to run longer, faster and better- for myself, because I just feel better- to be the wife that Paul most certainly deserves(in looks and attitude) and to be a better mom to my girls, with more energy and a happier disposition, not to mention healthier to be around longer for all of them!

What are some of your favorite songs? What inspires you, makes you happy or makes you remember good times? Funny how a song, when you hear it, can just take you back to an exact moment and bring along all the feelings, thoughts and sounds entangled with it! Don't be shy, I will be needing to update my play list again soon, and yours just might make the cut because variety is the spice of life!!!

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Brandon also loves music, so all my kids know all of the latest songs and most of the greatest older ones. I like music, too, but I never got into who sang what or anything. We really like "All Around Me" by Flyleaf (Alayna's current fave), "Pocketful of Sunshine" by Natasha Bedingfield (I HAVE to get up and move when this song comes on), and Laurynn really love Rihanna's "Take a Bow". I also really love Colbie Caillat. Anyway, see you Friday!

Jennifer said...

Okay, so I was just looking at your playlist again, and I have to add a little more. I also LOVE that 3 Doors Down "It's Not My Time", especially after Brandon showed me the video. That's a GREAT one. Also, I always have to sit back and listen to any of the power ballads when they come on because they remind me of those early high school dances. Good times. And any Metallica always reminds me of when Brandon and I would sit out all night "talking" while we listened to "Unforgiven" and others from that album. Ah, memories.

Jill said...

HOly Crap!! I didn't know you were an Eddie fan!!! (Why did I not know this??) This is absolutely hands down my most favorite album of all time! And not to mention Eddie (which I'm so happy you address him by his first name as well) will always be tops on my WOW meter! I'm so impressed with your playlist! I LOVE music and your list is one I definetly could create a spin class to!

Linda Clark said...

My boys have loaded my playlist for the gym with guitar hero and rock band songs from Aerosmith, Beatire Boys, Black Sabbath, Metallica, etc. etc. and one of my personal favorites, ZZ Top. Collette has loaded some great ones from a (gay) singer called Mika, but I love the pop beat and his craziness on his Everybody's Gotta Love Today and Big Girls You are Beautiful. She gav eme some of her favs from Tool, that keeps me moving. And then of course I have my 60's and 70's that I cool down with, favs that you probably wouldn't recognize, Dennis Yost and the Classics Four, Frankie Valley and the Four Seaons, etc. etc. But it is all good and makes the time go fast.

Paulene Davis said...

What fun to read about your play list. My play list is from a totally different era. Aunt Linda's list is even more modern than mine. Some of my favorites are Venus by Frankie Avalon, Breaking Up is Hard to Do by Neil Sedaka and many songs by Bobby Vee, I grew up with the Beatles, The Bee Gees and the Beach Boys and surprisingly enough liked Alice Cooper and the Doors. And as everyone knows my all time favorite is anything by Barry Manilow. Thanks for the walk down memory lane. Share this with your Mother and I bet she loved some of the same ones.

Audrey said...

Oh yeah!!! I am downloading as I type. Can't wait to give these a run. Thank you! Thank you! We do a kickin' routine to 'never see your face again' in Jazz. I LOVE anything Maroon 5. (Oh that Adam.) So here are some of my running faves:

"How far we've come." by Matchbox 20 (best beat)

"Figures A&B" by Hellogoodbye

"Wake up call" by Maroon 5 (the underlying beat is so consistant)

A jazzy little tune called "Sly" by Cat Empire (you'll thank me later.)

Mambo #5 by Lou Bega

& of course "Bye Bye Bye" by N'sync. (Didn't the boys dance to that once upon a time?)

Come visit so we can run and dance together!

Hillary Brown said...

Jill you make me laugh! How did you now know that Pearl Jam is a Griffiths family favorite!!! We all love Eddie! I just told someone yesterday that Pearl Jam is probably my all time favorite band. Bree- looovvveee the list! I don't have to tell you that though... you know me! See you friday!!!

Trent and Carlie & Co. said...

Hi Bree! I found your link on Michelle's blog. How are you doing? Your three girls are adorable!