Friday, June 20, 2008

I LOVE Summer, and Weddings

I have just been loving this wonderful sunny and warm weather!! Mostly this is because it means that I no longer need to bundle everyone up in jackets and lots of the time we run around without shoes! We have been able to go outside all day everyday which is a great thing with small children. Almost every morning Abby and Liv have jumped on their bikes and I push Eva in a stroller and we go for a stroll up and around the Discovery Park. It is a mile round trip and sometimes we do it twice, I am pretty proud of Liv for making it that far! Lucky for me they find it more fun to ride the path than stop and play since me and three kids by myself is kind of hard!! Then we come home and fill up the pool and they play the afternoon away. In fact the girls are headed out there right now so I had better sum this up!!

I have a sneak peak for my soon to be sister-in-law Amber of her sign-in book for the wedding. She has put me in charge of the creation and printing of the book and I think it is coming along fabulously!!! Her colors are
Chartreuse, raspberry, and white. I had a vision(yes I am a crazy woman that dreams about scrapbook pages!) one night of what it should be and I think it is turning out just as I saw it in my mind! I have done 13 spreads so far, here is a looksie:If anyone has suggestions for layout ideas that would be cute let me know because it would be very helpful. I have lots of pages to do and I don't want it to be too repetitive!! Oh, and how many pages would said sign-in book need to have? Everyone give me a number!!

11 comments:

Audrey said...

Summer is grand! (I won't tell you that we have been living it for months - hee hee) That sign-in book is beautiful! Mine only had like 5 pages, but it wasn't this beautiful. People will want to write comments and more than just their name, soooo a dozen maybe?

Jennifer said...

Oh, those pages are beautiful! I love them all! How fun that the Discovery Park is so close to you guys; we need to come down and go to that again! I don't know how many pages to make, maybe about 15? Better to have too many than too few, I think. Don't know though! I hope you guys had a fun Strawberry Days day today! We are sorry we couldn't come, but Brandon worked today, and then we had to run some errands (including picking up his altered suit; I'm so excited to see him wear it tomorrow!) See you next week at Bear Lake, though!

Michelle said...

It is very pretty. In our sign in book people only signed their names so we only filled 3 or 4 pages. If you have someone asking people to leave a note to the couple then you'll definitely need a dozen pages or more. Especially since these pages are 12 x 12, right? Well, they look great!

Yes, I'm with you... summer is the BEST. I love the smell of flowers and the bright blue of the sky. Kids playing outside and camping trips. Yay for summer time!!

Michelle said...

P.S. What did your dad say when he got the mission book? :)

JJ said...

The wedding book is gorgeous. Good luck with the rest of it. Thank you for including us in some of your fun summer plans.

daherfamily said...

I think the pages look great. I can't believe how much Trace looks like my dad. It's kind of scary.

Jill said...

The pages are beautiful! I would go with 12-15 pages as well. Better to have more then not enough...and if there are leftover pages Amber and Trace could write some of their reception memories on the leftover pages!

Let me know about the pool this week!

Amber said...

I LOVE the pages!! I can't wait to see the finished product! Thank you a hundred times for doing this for us- I knew you would do a far better job than I could ever do! I love the long flowers on the last page they are so pretty! The reception I went to last night had about 20 pages in their book. We got there towards the end and we were signing towards the back of the book so I think anywhere around that will be great! And it will be fun to record some of our own memories as well, like Jill said! I am so looking forward to the rest of it! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Amber said...

p.s. I also love the stitching that you added to the pages for people to write on! That is such a cute idea!

Kelly said...

What a fun way to start the day. The Discovery Park is such a fun one, that is nice that it is so close!! Great job on the book, what a great idea!

Paulene Davis said...

The pages for the sign in book are perfect. I love her colors and how you have used them. I love the flowers, ribbons, stitches, and the photos on each page. You are so good!!! This will be a great treasure.
I am with you on the Summer thing. Good for Liv for keeping up with her bike.