Thursday, June 12, 2008

Entrepreneur

With the combination of a great homemade sign, cute smiles and a stare down as people went by- Abby and Liv were quite successful this afternoon with their very first sales stand out front of our house. For a while Abby has helped various kids in the neighborhood man their stations and has developed a great love of the free market that we live in. After several weeks of BEGGING to have her own I told her about the wonderful success I had one summer as a child selling chocolate chip cookies. I can vividly remember people coming back for more and the fact that everyone loves a cookie! I told her if she really wanted to sell something, that this is what she should do! So this afternoon we made 36 cookies and she drew up a sign. Liv was more than happy to sit and flash her smile to the customers in order to take her cut of the loot. Thanks to my fantastic chocolate chip cookies (ok, and some really great neighbors!) in almost exactly one hour and thirty minutes she had sold every last one of those cookies!!! Looking at her drawer of money she had the biggest smile any five year old could possibly have!

6 comments:

JJ said...

Way to go Abby and Liv (and Mom)! If we had only known, we would have been over to buy them as well. I'm sure they were absolutely delicious!

That's a good activity idea for my kids. Thanks!

Audrey said...

so very cute! (I love their dresses.) Congrats girls.

Michelle said...

Awesome! I sure love capitalism. Way to teach them how to work for what they earn!

Jennifer said...

Yum! Chocolate chip cookies are the best! Congratulaltions, Abby and Liv! Look out Sara Lee!

Kelly said...

What fun! They look so happy, and how great that they earned some of their own money!

Amber said...

Those are the two cutest faces in the whole world. I think that their smiles helped sell those cookies as well. I know I would have bought all 36 of them!