Friday, September 28, 2012

365+1 Week 38

I can't believe it is Friday and I still haven't posted up my photo-a-day for last week! I had better get going while I have a second!!

Photo's #260-266:

Jeeping up AF Canyon.  Some friends of ours invited us on a Sunday afternoon drive to see the fall leaves. We made our way to Cascade Springs and went on an off roading adventure that landed us at the Deer Creek Dam in Provo Canyon.  The mountains were alive with breath taking color and it was  so great to discover it with such good friends!!

Lunch time.  It is just the Eva girl and me, and she pretty much wants Mac and Cheese every single day.  I don't let her of course, but she puts in the request time after time anyway.  She also prefers them to be eaten with sweet little green peas- go figure!!

"Errand" My weekly trip to the wally mart. I feel like I am over there every other day because no matter how thorough I think my list is, I ALWAYS forget something, or grab the wrong thing, and have to go back... sigh.

Breakfast Crepes.  Last night I taught my beehive class how to make these.  We had some left over batter, so the girls woke up to an extra fancy breakfast in honor of it being Wednesday- I mean, why not!

Thursday has now been designated classroom help day.  I am at the school from 11:45am - 3:05pm.  I just rotate one hour in each of my girls classes helping the teacher correct, file, record, print, etc. Pretty much I do whatever they need. There are required service hours at the school, and this is definitely my preferred way to spend them.  I enjoy seeing how the teacher interacts with the students, I love watching how my children learn, and I get to know the other students they spend most of their day with.

Friday my girls had the day off from school.  We decided to spend our morning taking a hike in our lovely mountains. The weather was so perfect- it would have been a crime not to!

We hit the trail out of Kiwanis park and made our way up to the waterfalls, one big one and about 4 smaller.  Then we just kept on going! This picture doesn't show it, but there were many brightly colored leaves and the girls were enjoying the activity of gathering up as many different varieties and colors as they could to bring home and put in their collection books.

The artwork is starting to come home, and so our wall of display is starting to grow.  Just one of the wonderful fallout's of being back in school!

No comments: