Thursday, September 6, 2012

365+1 Week 35

Last week was a pretty busy and crazy week- I really don't know how I survived- especially Wednesday when I was quadruple booked!! But we are now starting to get into a groove and I just keep telling myself "6 more weeks" and then things will start to settle down!! Oh, and my goal this weekend is to get the tea party photo's edited and posted, finally :)

Photo's #239-245:

Sunday evening we were invited over to a friends house for dinner and dessert.  They provided the steak and chicken kabobs and I provided the dessert- Blackberry Trifle.  This is my sister's recipe that Abby and I find completely delicious.

First Day of School!! All three girls started today and the excitement in the house was at new levels!

Abby is now in 4th grade. I almost can't type that because I can't believe she is that old!! She is in Mrs. Knight's class and LOVES her to absolute pieces- she is overjoyed to be back at school.  Her favorite part? She has an actual "Math Book" checked out from the school to get her assignments from.  I know, she belongs to Paul, not me!!

Olivia is in 2nd grade this year and is in Mrs. Gorell's class.  She was happy to find that all of her close girl friends are in her same class and her teacher is very fun and nice.  Her favorite part? Going to science class and can't wait to start her report on the planet Jupiter.

Eva is a full fledged Kindergartner!! She is in Mrs. Strong's class, the same teacher the other two had.  My baby is in school- and it feels so strange! I am not one to get teary and sentimental at drop off time.  I am always so happy for them to grow and learn and have wonderful new experiences, but after I dropped her off I was surprisingly sad! It was so weird to go home and eat lunch by myself, Eva has always been with me. That said, she LOVES school and is already starting to make some great friends and show her independence.

Skills practice in the back yard with dad.  Her coach has given daily homework drills to help each player improve.  Here she is doing her juggling.

While the temperatures were still very warm, with school started it just seems like fall is in the air. At my Dad's house the trees are dripping with fruit, including his apple tree- they will soon be ready for harvest.

Thursday was spent at the doctor.  The night before Abby had come into our room crying that her stomach was hurting and then proceeded to throw up all night and into the morning.  We were concerned at the level of stomach pain and the Pediatrician told us to come in and run test to see if it was her appendix.  Well after all was done she began to feel better and the test were inconclusive so we went home.

Friday she awoke feeling ok, but as the day progressed so did that stomach pain.  It was back and worse then ever.  She started throwing up and rocking around in a ball on the floor.  We made another call and this time we were told to head up to Primary Children's Medical Center.  They are the only ones around that will preform an appendix surgery on kids.  So up we went- the longest drive ever when your daughter is in so much pain! But when the surgeon looked at the ultrasound he saw a healthy appendix and said surgery was out. While we were relieved she wouldn't need surgery, being told it was just a bad stomach virus that she just needed to ride out was not the best news.  We finally went home around 1:00 am totally exhausted. She was feeling sick for several more days, but eventually started to feel better. It was a pretty stressful weekend!

Saturday we were able to attend my darling nephews baptism (well Olivia, Eva and I). As we were driving home we went through one of the worst rainstorms of my driving career! The lightening was filling the entire sky, the thunder was SO loud, and the rain was drenching.  At one point I couldn't see the road with the wipers running full blast.  Needless to say, the girls thought it was the coolest thing ever, once they realized we were safe in the dry car!



No comments: