Tuesday, August 21, 2012

365+1 Week 33

This week we are still out of school, even though most of you are back into the full swing of things.  Although all of our extracurricular activities are starting back up, we have several things planned to take advantage of the smaller crowds around town!!

Photo's #225-231:

I have been released from my calling of serving in the Ward Primary Presidency and issued a new call into serving in the Young Women's Presidency.  Truthfully- my heart was broken over this news.  I was desperately sad to walk away from a presidency that I truly loved with all my heart and from those darling children that brought me so much joy each and every week :(   But, I know that I have a place in this new endeavor. Even though I feel really out of place still, the girls I will be working with are fantastic.  Truly, wonderful young women, and they have a lot to teach me.  My mother told me that just maybe I am being put here for my own learning in how to work with, love, and except teen girls- you know, because I have three of them just around the corner!!  Please send all your prayers my way for the next while, OK!!

 Abby was wanting to make cookies for a family night activity.  Who am I to say no!! We all worked together on a new recipe "Ultimate Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip" which had us roll the balls of dough in sugar before baking in the oven.  They were a delight!!


Our first picking from my Father's garden- I look forward to this all year.  You just can't beat a vine ripened tomato.  BLT's, Bruschetta, on a grilled burger, just sliced with a touch of kosher salt...


Backyard swimming with friends.  Got to love it!! This year we upgraded from our classic little blue pool.  While the set up and take down are more labor, now Abby can actually sit in it and they all can swim together :)

Today I pulled out my card making supplies.  It has been far to long since I got myself all paper crafty.  I had some cute cards to make for some spectacular ladies and it was a grand time putting them together.

Tonight was the event of the year for my girls. The 3rd Annual End of Summer Tea.  Here is just a glimpse of all the goodness- more to follow.  This kind of fun and delight does deserves it's own post!!

With my new calling I had to jump right in- Saturday was the youth temple trip.  We drove up to the Logan Temple to take part in some Baptism's and then we were lucky enough to have reservations to the first day of the Brigham City Temple Open house.  Both structures are so beautiful, but I was in love with the design and furnishings, and finishing touches of this new Brigham City Temple.  Paul and I had a great time spending the day together and with such great youth, friends and neighbors.
Thanks Dad for watching the girls for us!!


4 comments:

Hillary Brown said...

Looks like we have switched callings! I totally miss young womens, but don't miss all the work involved :) primary is fun too and lots easier. You'll do great.

Julie@likeaprettypetunia said...

Bree-I am so excited for your new calling. You are a natural at this kind of stuff. And I have to agree with your Mom--teenage girls are a whole different beast! Thanks for being willing to serve and influence our girls!

Julie@likeaprettypetunia said...

And so sad that we missed the tea!

amberdat said...

That bouquet of flowers looks beautiful!! Can't wait to see how the party turned out. Too bad we still don't live in Logan, you could have stopped by for lunch! Maybe next time you'll go to the Boise temple open house. :)