Wednesday, August 15, 2012

365+1 Week 32

Whew!! I am finally getting myself caught up after our fun filled week of family playing.
Enjoy the following and know that I am content inside to be back on track with my photo postings even though it is always so hard to narrow down the photo's from a vacation!!

Photo's #218-224:

"Pair" Today after church we were on our way up to spend some more time with at the Davis family get together before many family members went on our way to other events.  These are one of my go-to pairs of shoes- comfy and cute.  Also every time I wear them Olivia has to reach down and stroke those shiny patent toes-always makes me smile.

This year was the return to Albion Idaho to play at my Dad's Family Reunion.  It is always fun to see everyone again, play, eat good food and talk about old times.  After a creative and fun Family Home Evening put on by our host this year, Aunt Bonnie, we mingled around the roaring fire and roasted up smores, mallows, and starburst until all our tummies were about to burst.  It was a great first day!

Day 2 was spent (aside from swimming) getting to know knew cousins, kid crafting, and riding around on the banana bikes (I still don't know why they call them that!!) as well as some good old fashion bug catching!

My Brother's Slack Line Walking talents seem to be rubbing off on the next generation :)

Day 3 was spent mostly in the water- pool, hot tub, slides- and my brother Cory sent candy flying through the air in the Candy Cannon (this is a pic of all the kids proudly holding up their cups of loot). Not pictured (because of space!) was Aunt Mardi's sawdust hunt, ALWAYS a blast!

Day 4 we said our sad goodbye's. Many of these fun people I won't see again for two more years! But I do always make sure to get a picture of my girls with the Greats before we pull away and head for home. I just LOVE those two!!

Tonight after a long exhausting and emotional day (details later!) my mother and sister took me and the girls out to dinner for a girls night.  It was much appreciated and we always go to the same Chinese place- all of our spouses don't much like Chinese food, so this is our tradition!

This afternoon we met my Brother's family at the movies for my nephew's birthday.  Seeing "Brave" has been on our summer to do list for months and it was great to finally go- and with such fun people to boot!!

No comments: