Thursday, August 11, 2011

My Family in Joe's Valley




Last week we drove down to central Utah to vacation with my family. Have you heard of Joe's Valley? Located by Orangeville? Well I had not and I quickly came to the conclusion that it is the best kept secret in Utah! It is so lovely- beautiful, calm and serene. I absolutely loved our week there despite the fact that we had no showers and we were sleeping in a tent. We spent most of our time out on the lake paddling around in the rafts, or swimming in the brisk waters, and lounging on the shore.

There was a lot of dock jumping too! We did take some evening hikes, after our bellies were full of my mom's scrumptious meals, to skip rocks, talk and laugh.
Despite the fish hook in the foot incident that Abby bravely endured and the running through a cactus in flip flops debacle of Olivia's doing (hey don't even look at her parents that way!) we had the most fun time. I love this next picture because it really depicts the chaos that is my family when we get together!!!It is also true that by the end of our trip Paul and I had decided that we also needed a pop up camper like the majority of my siblings- they are snazzy little getup's and we are now officially in the market. We have decided that next summer we need to have a camper caravan to Jackson WY and Yellowstone- or - travel up the California/Oregon coast, seeing the sites and smelling the salty air.

Plans, we always have plans in this family- thanks guys for the idea, plan and trip this year, Joe's Valley is a keeper!

4 comments:

JJ said...

That looks like fun (minus the "tent for a week" and "no showers" part)!

Laura said...

Joe's Valley is one of our favorites! BTW we happen to have a pop-up trailer for sale right now as we just upgraded. It's old, but it gets the job done. We'd give you a good deal....let me know if you're interested!

Anonymous said...

It makes me smile to think that Brandon and Cory might have been holding hands while jumping off the dock :) We are super bummed that we missed the trip.

-Trace

Amber said...

It looks like a blast. Maybe next summer we can join you!! Although, we will not have a pop up camper!! Good luck finding one. That would be so much fun to have! One day... :)