Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Dog Days...

Truly, I love summer. It is my favorite season, hands down. I love the heat. I love the freedom to do as I please. I love the pool filled afternoons and sun-kissed skin. I love the picnics and bike rides amid laughter and delight. This week I can feel it coming to a close. No, the weather doesn't have that crispness in the air, thank goodness, but we have been out school shopping. Filling our carts with pencils, markers, notebooks and lunch boxes. We have found "the outfit" for the first days of school (all three girls start on different days again this year) and we can all feel that our lazy nights with out a set bedtime are quickly slipping through our hands.

So today I share with you one of our ideal summer afternoons- it was a typical summer day filled with laughter and happiness, smiles and brightly colored tongues and lips.
These girls have some MAD hula hooping skills- much to the pleasure of the honking cars passing by! My girls love a good stage with applause!!
Can you really beat a Hawaiian Snow on a hot summer day? It is the idealized image of the American Summer Holiday and they both never last quite long enough.

3 comments:

JJ said...

It looks like you are having fun. I, on the other hand, am so thrilled that Fall is just around the corner (my favorite season). I can feel it coming!

Jill said...

That Hawaiian Snow looks soooo good right now! I haven't tried that one though, we have a favorite one a little closer to home :) See you Saturday!

Amber said...

What flavor is that snow?? Do you mind sending one up my way?? Green is my favorite color you know!