Monday, January 24, 2011

N is for...

Let me give you a slice of my everyday life for a moment. Each and every day- multiple times a day- hundreds of times a day- from the moment she opens her eyes in the morning until the second she shuts her lids in the evening- Eva will ask me if she can be my puppy. She LOVES to pretend being a puppy, but not just any puppy- MY puppy. Sometimes she will ask Paul if she can be his puppy, but mostly I have the duty of being her owner, caretaker and companion. At times it comes in handy because MY puppies must be obedient at ALL times, they go to bed when they are told, brush their teeth when asked and most importantly they eat the food given to them at meal times- without arguing or crying. That, as everyone knows, is NOT proper puppy behavior!!! I am happy that her puppy pretend has not ventured into the realm of needing to take off her clothes. It hasn't yet occurred to her innocent mind that animals don't wear clothes like little girls and for that I am truly happy.

So you can see why today, after picking her up from preschool, and starting in on her lunch I was not surprised to hear the familiar request lofting up from behind me "Mommy, can I be your puppy?" I turned around to give my usual response of "Yes Eva, you can be my puppy" when I was greeted with this:


How could we possibly have lived this long without "N" week at preschool?! Really, "Noses" have enlivened our lives and broadened our imaginative horizons!!!

She must have been asking Mrs. Sherrie if she could be her puppy too!

2 comments:

Randy said...

Too funny!!!

Brooke said...

That's so cute! Emma's usually the puppy at our house.