Tuesday, November 30, 2010

From one to the next

I can hardly believe how quickly Thanksgiving came and then was gone. This year we stayed home and attended my mother's family get-together, my Harris side that I haven't seen in a long long time. It was wonderful, relaxed and fun. There were around 60 people! However, I really didn't take any pictures- VERY unlike me! I did take this shot of sweet little Naomi that just makes me smile:So I can't show you, but understand that it was delightful. My mother and her three sisters- cut from the same cloth I tell you!!!

Now I have been busying myself with the Christmas decorations. I forget from year to year just how much work and just how time consuming it is! But putting on the Christmas music and watching the girls put the decorations on the trees is joyous and it really gets me into the spirit of the season.

Oh, did I mention that I went out the day after Thanksgiving (no, not at the crack of dawn, I am FAR to old for that craziness now) and shopped all the sales and I can say my gifts for the girls are done- now that is a jump for joy kind of feeling!

How far along are you on your Christmas to do list?

4 comments:

JJ said...

Your Christmas decorations look divine. I wish mine were up. Is there some way that I can just wish them to be up and done?

Jennifer said...

My girls keep begging me to put up the Christmas stuff--maybe this afternoon when they get home from school--we'll see!

I LOVE that picture of my sweet little Naomi! I stole it, of course, and saved it on my computer! Thank you!

I'll have to get all those pictures you took of the basketball game, too--sometime!

Amber said...

I love the decorations! You always do a great job decorating. So fun to see you last week. Hopefully in six months, we'll see you much more often!!

Michelle said...

I really love your decorations!