Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A taste of the finer things...

After much persuasion, patience and yearning from the middle child- I signed Liv up for her first dance class. She is thrilled! It is just an introductory class, I need to see if she will actually enjoy it and want to stick with it before we spend any more. This class is studying the arts of Tap and Ballet. I have to admit that I never really did the whole dance scene as a child; therefore, I just haven't been very driven to indulge this side of the girls. Abby has been sporty since the day she was born and Liv wanted to give that a try as well. It was discovered that while she enjoyed herself she most definitely does not posses the same competitive drive and lost interest in soccer mid season. Now, we will give dance a try. Together we went and picked out her taps and slippers- really the cutest part of the whole situation! Once a week she dances, she twirls, she leaps, toe points and taps her way across the floor. She doesn't want to leave and literally counts down the days on her calendar until the next class- I think we just might have a dancer in the mix- and she is undeniably adorable!!

7 comments:

JJ said...

Oh my goodness your photos are amazing! Doesn't hurt that Liv is so photogenic and angel-faced. I wish I had you to chronicle all the big moments in my kids' lives. I'm getting worse at it.

Go Liv! You and Shea can dance to your hearts' content.

Brooke said...

Oh--I love those pictures! Little girlhood in a nutshell. I LOVE the shoes too. What a beautiful little dancer!

Amber said...

So precious. I danced when I was little too. I absolutely loved it!! She is a little dancing fairy!!

Megan said...

too, too, toooo cute!! I love watching your girls and seeing all the great things you do with them. It makes me wonder where my girls will take me--or am I supposed to be taking them...?--Anyway, you are an inspiration to me! I love watching your girls from afar. I hope Liv loves dancing for a good long time. She looks like a natural.

Jennifer said...

Man, I LOVE your photography, Bree! You are quite an artist, you know! It's an amazing talent to create such artistic renditions of everyday life (I suppose it helps that you have such beautiful, photographic subjects, but that's only a part of the splendor!). Good luck, Miss Liv! You are a darling ballerina/tap dancer!!!!! How fun.

Jill said...

She is precious! And great shots!

Michelle said...

I love your choice of processing on the photos!

I love that little dancer. I melt when she looks at me with those big eyes. :)