Thursday, January 8, 2009

I tell you...

Why is it that when you are out doing the monthly stock up shopping trip and just as you have filled your cart to the brim (and I do mean that it wouldn't hold another thing so you will be making another trip to get the last items!), and you have just settled your more than tired two year old into a tiny little spot in the front of the cart between the loaves of bread to get her to stop crying that you need to hold her because her legs are tired from walking 50 miles around the store, and you have been waiting in the longest lines ever because everyone was out doing the same stocking up that you are, and you finally reach the conveyor belt only to have your trooper of a three year old tell you very urgently "Mom, I need to go potty!" I tell you, this happens to me all the time, why she waits until just then to decide this, I don't know. I need to start saving myself some trauma and take a preventative stop before we get in the lines!! Needless to say, she was a trooper, danced up and down the ile while I worked magic getting everything back into that cart, held it all the way to the bathroom and- success, no accident! Yes, she earned herself a treat from the checkout- worth every penny!!!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

What a great girl! It is funny how kids wait until they REALLY HAVE TO GO before they mention anything. Great job Eva and congrats Bree. ;)

JJ said...

Sorry about that but it sounds like something that would happen to me at WalMart. Besides, who can deny sweet little Liv-eyes.

Jennifer said...

It's true; that DOES always happen! What a funny story, though! I'm just glad that she made it!

amberdat said...

This reminds me of the time I took Liv to Target and we had to go potty TWO TIMES before we left the store, and we were there for less than a half hour!! It also makes me jealous that she waited and didn't have an accident because I'm trying to potty train the three year old I nanny for and let's just say he peed all over himself on the way out the door on Thursday. What frustration!

Audrey said...

Oh yes. They have impeccable timing!

Bethany said...

Oh man! That is a nightmare. That is awesome that she made it. Being pregnant, I have simpathy for her. Sometimes I realize I need to go, and I need to go right then.

Abby is really getting so big. What a fun birthday.

Linda Clark said...

Ah, remember those shopping days like they were just yesterday...wait a minute, they were, except now it is ME that needs to go to bathroom in a hurry at inconvenient times! I admire your patience.