Friday, January 16, 2009

The good and bad of Vanity

Because Abby has the day off from School, Liv was done with hers at 11:30am, and I was up and at'em at 6:10am to get Abby to a Dentist appointment at 7:00am (I know, just kill me, it was dark and 10 degrees outside and Abby just kept saying "can I go back to bed?"), which during it was discovered that she truly is her father's clone and is missing the same permanent lower bicuspids!, I know it could be worse, she could be missing some of her front teeth like him also but now we are looking at more dental work in the future and it's not fun, so I decided today was the day for an all girl salon trip!
(I should have taken before pics, I didn't, so what can I do!!)

Abby has been telling me for quite a while that she wanted to cut her hair off at her chin- this gives me a heart attack because I LOVE her long hair, but the ends were getting straggly and something had to give. We compromised and cut it just past her shoulders- I do think it looks really cute on her and I can still do fun hair with it!!
Liv- I just LOVE having her hair chin length!!!! It just looks so darling with her sweet little face. This time we had them modernise her bob a bit with a little "A line" in the back. It looks so darling and dries perfectly into place- she has great hair!Eva- again, Eva is the anti-sister!! This was her first hair cut so I will cut her some slack but seriously, crying and screaming and had to have it cut on my lap. The other two just climbed up and grinned their first times! All I was doing was evening out the back because I am trying to grow out her front (that is REALLY slow!). In the end she got her lollipop and felt proud to stand with everyone and have a group picture. Hopefully next time she will be better about it!!

Fun day and cute hair all around, now I just need to get the time to have mine cut.....

10 comments:

Laura said...

They are ADORABLE! and, by the way, you look absolutely fabulous in the picture at the top. I don't think I've ever seen you look better! You look so young and fit! Way to go!

Hillary Brown said...

how fun! i love going to the salon! the girls look great. just curious, what salon you went to?

Jill said...

They look great! How fun to take the 3 girls to the salon! What a great mom!

Michelle said...

The girls are all adorable. I do LOVE Liv's face with her haircut. ....well, I LOVE Liv's face no matter what her hair looks like.
I can hang out with the girls while you get your hair cut. Call me!

JJ said...

Happy Spa Day girls! As always, they are beautiful. Let little Liv know that I absolutely adore her haircut. She and I are twinners (minus the bangs) and her face is simply perfect for that cut.

Audrey said...

One of many a day spent at the hair salon with our daughters, right? They look darling, and have great hair like their mother! Both Liz & Grace are missing lots of teeth too, so we can sing those dental bill blues together!

Jennifer said...

I love Liv's A-line cut! She is looking so old; I can't believe that she'll be four in just over a month. Crazy. What a stinker little Eva is! Always one to be different, I guess! Good thing she's so cute! Abby looks even older with her hair cut. I'm kind of sad, too, though, because I really liked her long locks. She looks as beautiful as ever, though! And, of course your girls have great hair--they get it from their mother!

Amber said...

Aw how cute!! Trace and I were looking at all the pictures of your girls together and when we got to Eva's picture and commentary, we both couldn't help but laugh out loud! How funny that she screamed and cried!! I love Liv's A-line and Abby's shorter hair is adorable too. Now I feel like I need a salon visit... or at least a little pampering!!

Paulene Davis said...

The girls look fabulous. They are very blessed to have your beautiful hair. They will remember these precious moments of salon days all of their lives.

Linda Clark said...

What super cuts, that is great you have a place you can trust and have them do such a good job. They look adorable!