Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Yes!!

Just a quick pop in to share my total and utter excitement- I got on the scale this morning and saw that I had hit my goal weight!!!!! I have finally lost the entire 20 lbs. that I had left over from carrying sweet Eva around inside. I know that 20 lbs. doesn't seem like a lot of weight to loose, but let me just tell you it has been such a struggle this time around. With each of my girls I gained different amounts during pregnancy, but each and every time I started the long road back to my normal self I had exactly 20 to loose. Now the amount of time it took to get the weight off has definitely changed as I have gotten older, at exactly one year I was three pounds below my goal after having Liv, this time it has taken me 18 months to get there but it feels SOOO good. So, just to help motivate all of you who are amid the same struggle as I, with a lot of work and sacrifice (I just love food so much!) it can be done. Now I just have to be able to keep it off- this is a road I have yet to travel since in the past I have become pregnant right as I get to my goal weight, not going to happen this time people!!! I WILL enjoy my smaller self this time and I hope I didn't just jinks myself- knock on wood, throw salt over my shoulder...

9 comments:

JJ said...

Can I just say how extremely jealous I am? At the same time, very proud of you. Way to go! You've earned it. I just wish that I were celebrating with you.

Audrey said...

Congrats!!!! You have worked really hard and earned it.

Linda Clark said...

You go, girl. That's way cool and your positive attitude will continue to keep you motivated. What have you got for a 55 year old to keep ME motivated????

Jill said...

Congrats! You have worked so hard and you deserve the awesome reward of looking the way you do now!

Paulene Davis said...

You look fabulous. Your happiness and contentment add to your beauty.

daherfamily said...

congrats bree! that is such a good feeling. you look great though. i love getting into my old clothes after the long road of pregnancy and losing weight.

Michelle said...

Yay! That is awesome!! You look fabulous!!

I forgot to ask you last night, did you get a new camera yet? Don't keep us in suspense....

Amber said...

Wonderful! You have worked so hard and you don't deserve anything less! Congrats!!

Jennifer said...

I've been telling you that you are super small, Bree! I'm so proud of you for working so hard at it; you Griffithses have some serious will power and work ethic that I can only envy! Congratulations! I hope you do get to enjoy your "smaller self" for a while!