Friday, July 25, 2008

Three Cheers for the Red White and Blue

Because of our uneventful 4th, no party to go to, I didn't really get very festive and ambitious enough to take the annual photo shoot of everyone dressed up in our holiday attire. So, when Paulene invited us up for a party on the 24th, I pulled out all the stops and to my utmost delight the girls actually cooperated! Thus here are the photos from the day and I am VERY pleased with them (never mind the fact that I am wearing the same shirt as the previous post, it has been a week people, and it is clean and matched everyone else, not to mention my great little jeweled flip flops!)

Paulene always puts on a fantastic party! Abby loves to go to her house for a celebration because she always has a fabulous party table to eat at!! (sorry I forgot to take a picture but it was great!) Mix Will and the boys (so sorry Kelly is so sick this go around, you were missed!), Larry and Lisa, loads of fireworks and some very fun neighbor kids with blowing up Grandpa's garbage can and you have one great party! Abby is already asking when the next 24th of July is because "I had so much fun!" Here are a few pics:
All of that fun aside I must give a shout out of complete awe and love for my most talented Husband and Brother-in-law Will. This past week they did a complete engine swap on my dad's car! Really, who can do that!!! Well Paul and Will can! Not only can they do it, but they can do it fast (one day people!) and without a snag and have fun at the same time! My dad is going to be in complete heaven when he gets back from his trip and drives his "new" car. Good job guys!- Seriously such smart and talented men, my Dad and I are so lucky to have them!!!

8 comments:

Amber said...

What a fun 24th you guys had. Your girls' hair is so cute- especially Abby's. I love the twist braids and the adorable flowers! I love the picture of Eva poking her head out behind a tree! And Jay will be so excited about his new car. I wish I knew how to do something like put in a new engine!! It sounds complicated but fun!

Audrey said...

OOOHHHH the only thing missing from your photos is MY girls!! Last year was so fun, and it looks like you guys stepped up the fireworks a little this year. Your little chickies are so so darling. And, I am wearing the same shirt that I wore the last time I commented on your blog if that makes you feel any better.

Paulene Davis said...

You are so right when you say that it was an extra fun day. Thanks for coming and providing the fruit and the firework's master of ceremonies. I happen to think that Paul loves that job and he was so patient with the many kids that were there. I love my boys and their many talents. I am glad that they could help with the new engine.

JJ said...

Darling photographs! I'm glad that you were able to get some fun pictures. Your girls are gorgeous and I love your family picture. Good job!

Linda Clark said...

What could be better than a party given by Grandma Davis! Your girls look adorable in their festive dresses. Sounds like a great time. There isn't much those Davis boys can't do, that's for sure!

Michelle said...

The photos are great! I have a favorite...Eva peeking out from behind the tree. How did you get her to do that??? Such sweet girls you have!

Jennifer said...

Looks like you guys had fun on the 24th! I do love those pictures. Way to go, Paul and Will, for swapping the engine in Jay's car! That's so sweet of you guys to do for him!

Kathleen Gauger said...

What a fun 4th and the kids are dressed so cute. Very cute family!