Tuesday, May 15, 2012

365+1 Week 19

This next week ahead of me is so busy! I mean, I am mentally psyching myself up and making a listed schedule of who needs to be where and with what they need to be bringing. The end of school is rapidly approaching and it makes me wonder just why we have to cram every last possible activity into these couple of weeks.  I can't believe I am saying this, but I just might be ready for summer to start! Please will you wish me luck that I can keep all the balls in the air!!!

Photo's #128-134:

"Vintage"  I like to use the term Retro more.  This is the old school car that my parents have at their house. It is old, tired, used and abused.  However, it is THE item of choice for all the children in the family.  Usually it involves many a cousins fighting for the right to be the supreme occupant of it's elite driving seat.  Today we were over for piano lessons, alone.  Eva had the not so often felt luxury of being the only one taking it's coveted wheel into her hands! Although, from the looks of this picture, she isn't going to fit for very much longer. :)

"You"  Me, in all my taking a brake from doing chores, no makeup, I really can't believe I'm posting this up and it was the only photo I took that day, glory.  But my Olivia is as darling as ever!!


"Inspire" I am always envious of Eva's easy carefree take on the world.  She can't be bothered with matching shoes, just that she has on her most favorite puffy dress, with the kitty on it.  She doesn't care that during the afternoon there isn't anyone home to play with, she just loads up Ellie into her wagon and begins to stroll the sidewalks, singing the songs she learned in Sunday school and Preschool this week.

"Something you do everyday" Pick up this phone.  I never thought I needed one of these "Smart Phones". Quite frankly they scared me! Technology is not my friend. But, just over a year ago I was forced by Paul to leap into modern society and let go of  my old phone from the early 2000's!  Now, it is the first thing I look at in the morning and the last thing I put down before I go to bed.  I check the time, weather, emails, search the Internet, and keep up on my favorite sites and blogs. It feels good to be back in touch, even though it is already completely outdated!!


 Just about once a week I go over to my parents storage room.  I pick out a couple jars of these bottled beans, several bottled tomatoes and every so often some peaches.  This doesn't even begin to scrape the surface of their preserving talents, but these are the family favorites.  These are the only beans I can get my girls, and Paul for that matter, to eat.  I really should learn how to do this, what will we do if we don't have my parents around to stock these shelves?


The latest project to come home from Preschool.  Eva is so proud of it that she hung it in the front window for all passers by to see and revel in its beauty.


We celebrated Mother's Day a day early with my favorite mother in law! It is always a joy to do lunch, and talk shopping and fashion!  Paulene, thanks for a wonderful afternoon and for being such a lovely, kind, gracious and giving mother and grandmother to me, Paul, and our little girls.  We all love you to the moon!

"Mom"  Each year I get a picture taken with my girls.  It is pretty much in this exact same spot, year after year.  I love to look at these photo's and see how my darlings are growing up, and just how much my love for them expands to the very limits of my heart. 

2 comments:

amberdat said...

You look so cute in your mother's day picture! I LOVE that necklace and your girls look so adorable by your side. You are a wonderful mother! I should start doing those mother's day photos too. How fun to look back on each one!

JJ said...

Wonderful pictures! I try and do the Mother's Day photos too. Some Sundays are relaxed enough that I remember and some aren't. This year I pulled it off :-).

Thanks for your support. Having mynparents gone is going to be hard but I'm hoping it's a good learning experience for us all and we are planning a road trip for sometime next summer to visit Nauvoo.