Wednesday, May 9, 2012

365+1 Week 18

Photo's #120-126:

"Circle" In math last week Olivia was learning about measurements.  To demonstrate what they had learned, each child was to make 24 cookies (measuring out all the ingredients correctly of course) to bring to school on Monday for a cookie swap.  She picked Peanut Butter Cookies- then we fancied them up a bit by dipping them in her favorite thing- chocolate!

"Fun!" Once again, Eva riding in the car to pick up Liv from school, singing her little heart out to Adele's "Rumor Has it".  This little diva girl has some pipes, and style!!

Abby had her Author's Fair today.  Parent's and family get to come to school and hear the stories that the children have been writing this semester.  Abby did a great job writing her fun fairy tale, I also loved her name on her desk, took me right back to my time spent in elementary school!!

"Bird" We stopped by my Dad's house and he was so excited to show us the new creature living in his nectarine tree.  This delicate bird had made its' nest on the lowest branch, enabling us all to have a fantastic view.  We didn't know what variety it was, but later that night Liv pulled out her new library book from school "Birds of the Southwest" and sure enough our little bird was in there!!! It is a Mourning Dove which likes to nest on Horizontal branches in a fork- exactly what we found.  We can't wait to see when those two tiny eggs hatch!!

This afternoon Abby teamed up with Gardener Extraordinaire (aka: Grandpa G.) and they set to work planting this years crop.  They dug holes, fertilized, watered and covered the plants and seeds with soil.  I think it is the love involved that will make this a spectacular yield this year.


A friends night out took us to Salt Lake this evening to dine at The Melting Pot.  Fantastic Fondue menu, lovely atmosphere right in the heart of down town, and wonderfully fun conversation- not to mention that we all carpooled our way to town in our swagger wagon- you know the valet was impressed with our ride!!!

Spring Run Off Challenge 10K 5K and 1Mile.  It was cold! However, the whole family ran, with cousins and Grandpa too!  This was a first for the girls, and Paul.  Olivia and Eva ran the 1 mile and did a great job, they had a lot of fun. Abby competed in her very first 5K, I ran along with her pacing and coaching along the way.  I couldn't have been more proud as she sprinted to the finish line in 1st place for her age group at 31 Minutes!!!  I was so proud of Paul who ran his very first 5K too! In usual fashion my family of runners cleaned up at the awards ceremony- Check out my brother Cory's trophy, SWEET!!
Way to go runners!!

2 comments:

Randy said...

I'm loving that you are doing pictures every day! It is so fun to see what's going on. My favorite for this week is Diva Eva. So cute!

JJ said...

I really envy this photo-a-day thing. I wish I had the motivation. I always feel like most days are just "normal" with nothing really exciting to photograph.

Great job on the run Davis'! The whole family. That is an accomplishment.