Wednesday, April 11, 2012

365+1 Week 14

Wow, this last Monday I hit the 100 days of photo's milestone!!! It is so exciting!! I love looking back over all the fun times we have been having this year so far, and it makes me excited about all that is still to come.

So, here are the final photo's of the first 100 days!!

Photo's #92-100:

Sunday was April 1st. It was conference weekend and we were at my in laws house watching, listening and being uplifted by the words spoken. We were also rudely awakened to snow coming down all morning after beautiful sunny afternoon the day before. Liv loved sitting all snuggled up in a warm blanket watching the fakes float to the ground outside. We did not pack appropriate clothing and had to travel home that afternoon in shorts and flip flops- thanks for the ultimate April Fools joke Nature!!!

"Personality" Almost every afternoon when I head up to Liv's school to pick her up and bring her home, this silly dog walks down to sit on these steps while I am at the corner waiting to make a turn. He sits there while I wait for the cars to clear, then as I start to make the turn and drive away he gets up and walks back to his house. It's like he knows when I am coming and likes to greet me each afternoon!! So funny, and such personality in that creature!! It make me smile every time!

All of Eva's little girl friends have mastered the two wheel bike riding skill. They are now a force to be reckoned with in the neighborhood. They are a gang of bikes that ride up and down the street every afternoon, trying new feats of skill and daring maneuvers. They are so cute and I love to watch the expressions of complete happiness and joy on their faces as they speed by.

"Movement" Today's prompt was a new camera technique. After reviewing the instructions on how to set my camera to achieve background motion blur, while still keeping my subject in focus, I sent Olivia out to provide the movement on her bike. I think I took 200 pictures this afternoon trying to get the right result. This really tested me, and I loved learning a new function of my camera. This was one of the best shots, there were a few that I liked, but this one I feel really portrayed the goal.

We went up to Olivia's school for her IditaRead Awards Ceremony. Her class took part in a challenge to read 1,131 minutes in the month of March (the same amount of miles run by the Iditarod Dog Race going on at the same time). Olivia was determined to complete the race and in doing so she came in 1st place!!! We were so proud of her and she was just beaming as she was presented with her certificate and new Webkins Husky prize.

"What's for dinner?" Taco's. They are a go to quick and easy crowd pleaser in this house. Who doesn't love a taco supreme I ask?! Mexican food is my favorite, just enough spice and variety in texture and flavor for tantalizing my taste pallet.

We had our Easter Celebration at my brother's house this year. They were gracious enough to host and put on a wonderful party! My mother provided her usual 12 dozen eggs for the kids to color until their hearts content. We take our egg coloring VERY seriously in this family!! This year Abby decided she was too old to do the hunting so she helped with the hiding- until the very end when she couldn't take it any longer and had to get in on the action helping the little ones find the very hardest hidden eggs!! Good food, lots of basketball shooting, trampoline jumping, and cousin antics were had by all. Thanks again Cory and Jill!!

Easter Sunday. I love the tradition of new dresses each year. We as a family of girls, love to think up a fun color scheme and then work everyone into it. This year we found Olivia's dress first and then pulled those bright colors into each of the other ensembles, right down to a bright new yellow tie for Paul!! I decided to make these darling felt bows I have been seeing all over blog land for the girls- I LOVE how they turned out, so so CUTE!!

With all the bike riding going on lately, we decided that Eva need some bigger wheels to keep up with her sisters. Despite what this picture shows, she really was so happy to pick out her own NEW bike, just the one she wanted! Boy can she fly now!!

Yeah for 100 photo's! I can't wait until I reach 200!!

2 comments:

Katie and Matt said...

I love seeing that dog at the top of 600 W too!! I think it is the cutest thing :) Love your girls Easter outfits, especially the bright tights!!

amberdat said...

Your girls look like big bright easter eggs in their cute dresses! I love how you guys always match! so adorable.